Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just popped into the hardware store and got a few things for DH. Got him some heavy duty handwipes for in his stocking and I got him 2 compost cannons! Never seen them before but look very interesting. They can be to DH from the dogs!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have checked my lists, sorted my stash. I now have the FINAL items left to purchase. I know what Im getting and the extra few bits such as some wrap etc to pick up. My pages and pages of lists, ideas etc... is now down to 1 single page.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Great job Tanya.

Katrina....I will have to look into compost cannons, never heard of them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am so stinking mad right now! I put an XBox in my Amazon cart yesterday - this is going to be DS's big gift this year - and today it jumped $40 in price!!! :eek::(

Unreal!

So much for their "Countdown to Black Friday Sale" that started today.

I am just kicking myself for not ordering it yesterday - I just ran out of time - got distracted - saw a butterfly or something...a $40 butterfly....

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am so stinking mad right now! I put an XBox in my Amazon cart yesterday - this is going to be DS's big gift this year - and today it jumped $40 in price!!! :eek::(

Unreal!

I am just kicking myself for not ordering it yesterday - I just ran out of time - got distracted - saw a butterfly or something...a $40 butterfly....

That's happened to me before too! It's frustrating. Have you heard of Keepa? It's a Chrome extension that allows you to track prices for items at Amazon. You can set a price you want to spend and it will email you when the price drops to that point.

I know there are a ton of Xbox systems out there. Which one are you interested in? I can keep an eye open for it at other places too and let you know if I see a good price between now and Thanksgiving.

Reactions: tanya

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ how frustrating.....a $40 jump is huge,
Holiday_Mom, how nice of you to offer to keep an eye out for a system, that is the meaning of Christmas Spirit...bless

Reactions: tanya

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks Katrina! And YES, thank you Mary!!! I really appreciate the kind offer! I'm looking for an XBox 360 4GB Console - then main reason I want it is so that I can also buy the Minecraft game for XBox 360 as well.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that only the XBox One version will be coming up on sale since they'll be pushing their newest product. Hope I'm wrong!

We just have terrible internet at our house and I do NOT want a game system that has to be online to be played - I think the plain ole 360 will work just fine for us.

I'm going to keep looking and researching as well! I looked at Walmart's site and they had them for better prices but only in "refurbished" - so I'm not sure about that part yet.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I saw one on Amazon that was listed as $177 plus S & H on the Keepa extension. It's a bundle with Peggle 2. However, when I look at it, it's almost $199 with Prime shipping. It looks like it jumped from $159 at 8 am Wed. to $177 by 8 pm that night. It's cRazy! Is that anywhere near the price point you're looking for?

Do you have a GameStop store near you? They aren't selling it online but maybe in the store?

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

Unreal!

Not sure what the price is but stores will have them on sale for Black Friday. I know Kohls will have one around $200

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate your looking into this for me! You are just awesome! :)

I have a feeling I will end up paying right around $200 for it. I'm going to keep looking around and if nothing else I'll use my Discover points via Amazon to knock the price down a bit - I think my points will be available by Monday to use.

NOTE TO SELF: Buy things like this in October or earlier next year!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought the last 2 items for the stockings! now I need to wrap those & the handmade ornaments and add them to the stockings... and .... drum-roll.... stockings are DONE!!!! 1st time so early :)

Reactions: Christmaslvr

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WooHoo Lucie. Way to go with the stockings,
It's beginning to all come together.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Checked the gift closet today. Need one more thing for Dgd 6 , get memberships various places ( they have Black Friday Specials) and shop for my name draw.

I was thinking of getting ornaments to match the memberships if I can find them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I went ahead and just ordered the XBox from Amazon - was feeling nervous to wait any longer. Had $25 in Discover bonus points to use so that helped a little bit.

SO! DS's big gift is DONE! Other than some stocking stuffers, he is totally done actually! I ordered the Minecraft game to go with the XBox as well.

I also ordered both Guardians of the Galaxy movies for DH and a couple of sets of some socks he bought a few months ago and really liked. He'd only bought one set since they were a little more expensive than he's used to so this will hopefully be a nice surprise for him.

Now I just need to get my sister and her boyfriend to update their Amazon wish lists so I can get their shopping done! AND get DH to do the same so I can finish him up.

Getting excited!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are all doing so incredibly well.......
It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went ahead and just ordered the XBox from Amazon - was feeling nervous to wait any longer. Had $25 in Discover bonus points to use so that helped a little bit.

SO! DS's big gift is DONE! Other than some stocking stuffers, he is totally done actually! I ordered the Minecraft game to go with the XBox as well.

Yes!!! I'm so glad you were able to get it. That is always a good feeling when you can get that special gift. :D

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Mary! It has arrived and I have it hidden upstairs until I have the chance to get it out and make sure it is working ok before wrapping it up and hiding again!

I've been doing a LOT of shopping lately actually! Got my sister done and some things for DH. DS is basically done except for some stocking stuffers. Picked up some really cute little ceramic measuring bowls from the Pioneer Woman line and a set of metal measuring spoons with a butterfly design for a good girlfriend I send gifts to every year. I knitted her a washcloth and sewed some potholders so I'm going to put it all together as a kitchen themed gift. Bought a potholder to match and also grabbed a PW wooden spoon as well - has a butterfly burned into the handle :) Should make a great set!

Working on DH and my sister's boyfriend next! That will take care of the purchasing of gifts for the major players on my list - need to review it again though for all those little details. Teacher gifts, etc.