Crafters Challenge November 12th-18th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Friends!

Halfway thru November!

I have a few items to make for Christmas yet:

Moms armchair sewing caddy with a thread catcher

Have some Wonder Woman fat quarters that I want to do some of the microwave bowl holders. And maybe pot holders.

Thinking of doing a mattress, pillow and cover for Teigans metal doll bed here. She has some covers so really need a mattress and pillow.

Jody, cute pillows.

DD, you are always so productive on your trips! Is this the daughter with the older girl that likes to craft with you?

Everybody have a GREAT crafting week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't be sewing any this week---

Deer season is Friday-Sunday so that means people in and out all week-end and I cook. LOVE it. They will eat Friday night--we order pizzas and I do dips, Sat. is always garlic bread and lasagna toss, and Sunday is Chicken Cabbage Soup and Chili and the ham slider sandwiches. Then Monday on for lunch I do stuff if they are here making the sausage and stuff.

I work 3 days this week and off 11. So will start decorating next week. Teigans tree is up in her room as of last night.

Jaymee and Teigan will move in sometime this week or be here by start of next week. Would be nice to be settled with it all by 2018 but will see.

Sorry for the book!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD, you are always so productive on your trips! Is this the daughter with the older girl that likes to craft with you?
No, she lives in AK. We are going to NE this time. It's hard to find the right timing to visit everyone and/or have them come here.

Your DGCs are moving in with you?

I started working on a chenille wall hanging today. I'm using a very pretty reindeer panel.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have unraveled the whole scarf and will be starting over. New pair of socks are started but I need to work on that. None of this has to be done for Christmas.. they are winter-long projects. However, I SHOULD try to make a few felt ornaments, will see

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
FINALLY finished the fleece blanket! But forgot to take a pic - will do that tonight! :)

Gather supplies for cork keychains last night - DH is going to drill holes in the corks tonight so I can start assembling them.

Also cut the felt pieces that will be used in a leaf design on a felt notebook cover I'm making as another gift. Pinned pieces in place now just need to start sewing!

Can't seem to get my mojo going on the felt needlebook project. Grrrrr....

Time is flying now!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I had a setback on the chenille wall hanging and now need to go get more backing fabric. I ended up with some holes cut in it when trying to take some stitches out. It was pretty inexpensive, thankfully.

I finished a couple of small CCS motifs to make ornaments for DGDs.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I bought a new CCS magazine at Joann the other day. It cost $19.99 - yikes! I didn't realize the cost until checkout. I haven't bought a craft magazine for a lot of years.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here is a pic of the finished blanket:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/24548647468/in/dateposted-public/

And here is a shot of the felt Meade notebook cover I just did as well:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/26643383059/in/dateposted-public/

I'm thinking of adding some more details to the design, perhaps some lines to suggest wind blowing the leaves? Just can't get my head around it for some reason!

DH drilled holes in the corks for me last night so hope to work on those tonight!

My next goal is to purchase a fleece scarf and ear warmers set - in just a plain color, probably grey, and then I will embroider a design on them for a quick semi crafted gift!

And I'm toying with picking up a heating pad, just a basic one, and using fleece and felt applique like I did on the blanket above to make a cover for it as another gift.

I also still have my dipped pinecone firestarters project to get done as well! I have all the supplies - I just have to figure out when the heck I'm going to do it! Eeek!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ the blanket and notebook are beautiful. You do great work.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Great work AJ!

Yesterday, I got the chenille wall hanging all stitched and the channels cut. I need to decide what fabric to use for binding. Once I get the binding on, I think I'll take it to a laundry mat for its first wash. I understand it can be hard on a washer and dryer.

I also started another knit hat and I'm brainstorming (web surfing) felt food ideas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished all the wool from the charity lady, will be able to donate 7 rugs.
Don't want to do any more for the charity for a while, would like to concentrate on crafts for myself/ I have just started knitting a pram cover for a baby out of wool that I have had for years, it is knitting up nicely. Will put away for later.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought some cotton wool last night at walmart. will try to crochet a few dishcloths