What did you get for Christmas 2017?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm always curious what everyone receives, it can also give ideas for future gift giving as well. ;)

Reactions: Minta

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
- DD got me a Enviroscape fountain to put on my bedside table and a sparkly pineapple keychain.
- Eli got me a little standup plaque that says "One of a Kind Mom".
- DH got me a 50mm lens for my camera, an Envy harness, a backpack camera bag, a new coffeemaker, a baby Groot that dances, Pioneer Woman measuring bowls, Hawaiian flower earrings and hair ties, keychain, perfume, a long-sleeved shirt that says U.P, candy...
- My mom sent stockings, I got my B&N gift card as always, some candy, a candle, some office supply stuff (notepad, stickers for my planner, pens, tape), beauty face mask, nail polish...

I'm sure i'm forgetting some things so i'll come back and update if I find things I forgot.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got so many lovely things this year - it's overwhelming!

DH got me the most, as usual. The big gift was a new totally awesome Cannon camera, plus a telephoto lens and matching carrying case. I can't wait to start playing more with that baby. We've only had our camera phones since the house fire!

I also got a lovely necklace and earrings set, a really cool wine bottle opener - it's an Oster - just kind of sucks the cork out, lol, a sweatshirt, a funny T shirt with an image of a traditional wine bottle opener that says "Mama's Fidget Spinner", socks, lottery tickets and so on...

We do a big exchange with one of my oldest friends in Nashville and she sent me Kona Coffee beans and a grinder!!! SO excited about that one! I've brewed 2 travel mugs so far today!

I also got a rice cooker, pampering things - lotions, makeup sponges, etc.

All in all I'm a pretty lucky lady!

We still have big exchange with my sister and her boyfriend next weekend as well!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got some lovely things,
2 jigsaw puzzles, one from DS and one from my mum, a Scentsy gingerbread house and melts plus a serving dish from DD
DH got me a 6 month subscription to Ancestry, and a new hand bag.
Mum bought me gorgeous diamond hoop earrings and a reindeer statue that I will love putting out every year.
My stockings (one at mums and one at my house) were full of great things that will keep me going all year, stationary, toiletries etc.
I am very lucky

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH go the the newest Pioneer Woman cookbook and a PW kitchen utensil set along with a new cast iron frying pan, some PJs, DVDs and tart warmers. The kids got me "Family" themed picture frames for the walls.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DH got me earrings and a necklace as well as a B & N gift card, a Mets piggy bank and towels, M & M lounge pants...

DS and DDIL got me an Apple pen to use on my new ipad, a DVD reader and $ toward our Mets season tickets.

Buffy gave me a book about dogs.

Very happy!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DH go the the newest Pioneer Woman cookbook and a PW kitchen utensil set along with a new cast iron frying pan, some PJs, DVDs and tart warmers. The kids got me "Family" themed picture frames for the walls.

Do let us know how the cookbook is!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We didn't do gifts this year and we all went to Blue Ridge, GA and stayed at a cabin for a week right before Christmas. My sis and niece joined us as well as DH's sis who flew in from Houston! It was quite nice. We even saw a play at the community theater ... White Christmas!!

Reactions: Minta and MrsSoup

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Do let us know how the cookbook is!

So I made one of her soups last night and it was fanatic.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/slow-cooker-mexican-chicken-soup-3293339

I used left over turkey from our christmas dinner instead of chicken and left the
chipotle pepper in adobo out as I don't like things too spicy. My DH had 2 big bowls of it last night and took a bowl to work for lunch today. There is a broccoli and cheese soup I want to try next.

Reactions: MrsSoup

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, you did well, what a wonderful lot of presents.
Also a great idea to take a photo, never thought of doing that!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Katrina... of course most of my gifts were bought by me to me... so... they were to my liking :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I do the same. DH has no time or inclination to shop for Christmas so I buy most things for me too.
You would think that after 30 years of marriage he would "get" this Christmas thing LOL.

Reactions: Minta and jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My favorite gift was the nun LC1 had made for me. DD gave out nothing for Christmas this year. DS gave a gift card from Smash Burgers, a wire whisk (much needed) and a framed photo of DGS (best gift for this granny). DH got me a purse since mine broke a strap. Don't tell him but it is horrendous. Not my color, huge wide shoulder straps that do not stay together with sections in the purse that you can't find a thing in. lol On top of that I even told him Do Not buy me a purse when my old purse strap broke because I was waiting until after the holidays to order another purse like I have been carrying for the past 12 years. I bet I haven't had more than 8 purses in my lifetime. He did buy me a saddle purse one year that I carried for about 15 years. LC1 even said she knew not to get me a purse.

Dh does this a lot. Buying things I've told him not to buy. Today a used pasta came from eBay. I wanted an electric one for working with clay. This was listed very cheaply, saying it had missing items and no instructions. I said do not order it. It didn't mention how rusty it was or even if it works. We had it on for about 1 minute. It smells like it might be rusty inside too. LC1 said he was just thinking of me. But I know from past experience that his behavior means he is buying himself something expensive ( probably golf clubs or a car). I'm waiting to see what arrives. lol

Reactions: jampss and Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was one lucky girl and received a pair of pajama from DH, a coffee pot from DS26 who drew my name in the family grft drawings,Pictures of DS's family, and a bathrobe from Mom.
For my birthday (27th) I got a set of new sheets from Mom (needed) and a really nice water bottle from DS26. along with birthday messages or calls from Mom and siblings and friends.

I am so blessed and grateful.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I was shocked by what DH got me...he's gotten better over the years! lol I used to get some awful stuff, too. We've laughed about it over the years. I've learned to tell DDs some things I want to give him some ideas, but I didn't tell them anything this year, except the food saver. So, I was surprised when I opened it and it was from DS and family.
DH gave me a Cricut Air Express 2 and two rolls of vinyl, DD20 gave me accessories to go with it. DS and DDIL gave me a Food Saver machine. DD25 and DSIL gave me a metal welcome sign from Hobby Lobby that I wanted. Mama gave me a framed quote and some money. Dsis#2 gave me a beautiful crystal bowl. I'm very thankful for everything I received!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My "BIG" gift was a new Cricut. I have one of the originals and the new one does SOOOOOOO much more. It's so exciting!

But the stuff my daughter got me was so personal and so lovely how could I not love it all. She embroidered my word of the year for me and I loved it. She also embroidered us matching aprons with Martha Sr. and Martha Jr. those are special and I'll keep them for whenever she is home and cooking with me. She also purchased a family photo print for me. I had them done a year ago and still hadn't printed one for myself so she gave me one.

I also got lots of Pioneer Woman goodies...I love me some Pioneer Woman!

Reactions: MrsSoup

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, what beautiful gifts. So thoughtful.