Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Here are the latest things I picked up for the Christmas Gift Closet

$100 Visa Gift card for my niece. FREE! (I actually won this at a work raffle, but I tucked away to give it to her for Christmas, since this is always what she asks for. So a win win for me!)

Mossy Oak hat for my Dad - this was $10 and was on clearance for 2.50 at Wal-Mart. This will be a gift for him from my DD.

Scentsy night light/warmer with tarts - FREE! My friend received this as a gift, she does not like it because she is afraid that her cat will spill the wax, I guess this happened to her in the past with another one she had. So, she gave it to me, unopened. I am more of a candle person, so I told her that I probably would not use it, she told me to give it away then. So.... I am going to give this to my aunt and uncle for Christmas. (re-gift of a re-gift?) Works for me. BTW - when I told my friend she should keep it and give it to someone for Christmas, she said it was too early to start thinking about for Christmas. WHAT????

Matchbox Shark track with a box of 5 Matchbox cars - this was $25.00, on clearance for $7 at Giant of all places. This will be for my nephew.

I continue to also fund the Christmas envelope. Every time DH or myself gets a $5 bill as change, I tuck in an envelope in the Christmas Gift Closet, so far it is up to $395

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im doing pretty well. I raided my stash to pad out Luke's Birthday gifts. But I still have heaps left.

I have added him a long handled coffee spoon- he drives me crazy trying to suck up the last bits of a milkshake through a straw so this way he can use the spoon- long handle means it fits to the bottom of the glass he uses!

I also got a reversible emoji cushion with sequins- sounds weird? It is! Its a happy emoji but if you push the sequins the other way it reverses to an angry one- perfect gift for a teen whose mood can change in an instant!

I found x box live cards on sale for 50% off. He gets one each birthday and Christmas so I got extra value for what I would be buying anyway.

I also added him a simple cook book that looks great and has a variety of different recipes- he likes cooking and playing in the kitchen.

Plus I got myself new flip flops- we call them thongs less than half price- they are cool as they are beaded!

And although I have not picked them up as yet- Im adding wax melts to several gifts this year. I picked up a new fragrance a couple of weeks ago- Coconut and zesty Lime. Every single person who was come through has commented an the great fragrance. It comes from Kmart and is cheap as chips! So for those I know that use wax melts a pack is being added to their gift.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Everyone is doing fantastic ... I am hoping to be able to added to mine today. Found someone locally selling some older Hess trucks still new in their boxes. He has one that my son doesn't have but wants so we are suppose to meet up this weekend.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kelly, you are really doing well with the gift closet.
I am also a bit in shock when I hear someone say things like "it is too early to think of Christmas" Unheard of!!!
I have decided that the scented drawer satchets will become a part of a gift basket for my mum. I will add scented drawer liners, satin covered coathangers and some scented hanging wardrobe satchets. I will perhaps bag up some dried rosepetals or lavender as shoe stuffers.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Everyone is doing fantastic ... I am hoping to be able to added to mine today. Found someone locally selling some older Hess trucks still new in their boxes. He has one that my son doesn't have but wants so we are suppose to meet up this weekend.
Hope you got your Hess trucks!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up the Hess truck and 2 mini Hess trucks for our son for Christmas. The guy has more in storage so he is going to see if he has any others that we need and will let me know.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We wound up getting 8 more older Hess Trucks still in their boxes for a great deal. Our son will get 1 or 2 for his birthday this summer, a couple for Christmas and the rest will be tucked away for next years birthday and Christmas.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
How nice that you found such a good source. Lucky guy, your son.

Reactions: Minta

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i found one pair of christmas pjs at pennys yestterday so that will be for my niece. they were behind some coats so i got lucky.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the mall on Thursday, found a few stocking fillers and a few goodies for our Christmas Eve basket. We buy the little glass bottles of Coke for a treat and they were selling at 50% off on Thursday and well within their useby date. Got those and a few other things that were on my list.
Saw a really nice pie dish with a lid that was also half price. My mum mentioned how much she liked it so I popped it into my trolley and it will be a gift for her.
Doing OK with gifts for her at the moment, still need to concentrate on gifts for the kids and DH.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought 2 planners for gifts today you can put the dates on yourself, got one for myself too

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Saw a very unusual (to me) product when I was away on the weekend. It is a traveling "toothbrush". It actually a piece of terry like cloth that looks like a long thimble and slips onto the finger. You then wipe your teeth and discard it. They come in a little tiny packet and were 3 for $1. Thought it would be a great little stocking filler. If I find a photo I will post as I am not explaining this well.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Saw a very unusual (to me) product when I was away on the weekend. It is a traveling "toothbrush". It actually a piece of terry like cloth that looks like a long thimble and slips onto the finger. You then wipe your teeth and discard it. They come in a little tiny packet and were 3 for $1. Thought it would be a great little stocking filler. If I find a photo I will post as I am not explaining this well.
I buy Colgate's wisp Brush on the go. I keep them in my purse and in DD purse. They are just tiny disposable brushed with toothpaste in them. Not sure if you can find them in your part of the world. lol
https://www.colgate.com/en-us/products/toothbrush/mf-wisp

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
image.jpeg
Diedra, they look great. I will keep a look out for those. These are the ones I found.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, I will be on the look out for those, would be great for the stockings.

Got half silicone oven mitts to add to the gift closet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did the groceries on Thursday, put another layby on at a big store about 1/2 an hour from me. Did not find too many interesting things but got DH some shorts for the summer and also got him a book. Need to sit down soon and make a new list as I think that I have got most things off the first list.