Crafers Challenge April 15-21 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Mid-April already and time to start thinking about your homespun Christmas gifts. Well, at the very least making a list of what you would like to make. I have several pins on my Christmas board that I want to take a closer look at and start something on something this week.

I did get my CIJ ornaments wrapped and mailed last week. I know it is early but summer gets really busy at my seasonal job that I wanted to be ahead of the game.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

We're camping this week. I brought some knitting, CCS and also some fabric that, time permitting, I could cut into squares for a future quilt.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I ordered some fleece NHL team fabric for 2 blankets for Christmas presents. Dsil & dgs are huge fans of our local hockey team, The Golden Knights. If Dsil doesn't want a blanket I will cut up the fabric for guinea pig pee pads - haha, he would consider that sacrilege.

Reactions: PamelaG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I found some time the other morning to do some cutting up of I-Spy fabrics. I've also been doing a little CCS and knitting.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The bench I have to reupholster will have to wait a while. I haven't been able to decide what type of fabric to use. I some fabric here I could use however it is very white. I am thinking I want to get a gray vinyl. I will have to wait for a sale on fabrics which I think JoAnn's has going on right now. I will check it out tomorrow after work.

I am still toying with whether or not to I am doing homemade Christmas gifts. I will have to decide very soon. Maybe just the dgds. I do have to make a raggedy ann doll for dgd1 her birthday's is in July I will have to see if I can get it cut out in the next week or two.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jody ~ You did a beautiful job with some great fabric! Maybe it will inspire me to do mine. I want to make slip covers that I can change out seasonally.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I ordered some fleece NHL team fabric for 2 blankets for Christmas presents. Dsil & dgs are huge fans of our local hockey team, The Golden Knights. If Dsil doesn't want a blanket I will cut up the fabric for guinea pig pee pads - haha, he would consider that sacrilege.
Vic made fleece blankets for our nephews one year and made an envelope-type pillow cover as well so it could be slipped off for laundering. One nephew got the 49ers fleece, the other the solar system. My sister said they carried them everywhere. Makes a great gift and there are so many great fleece patterns out there.

Reactions: GrammaDeb

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning. I have been MIA for a while.
Last night I tied off the ends from the blanket I knitted over the Summer. I also dug out the upcoming project tote and started on a CCS Christmas ornament. Depending how it turns out I will either gift it to my mum or place it in a small frame. Will see. Nice to be doing something.