Crafter Challenge April 29-May 6 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We will be diving into May this Week. Lots of occasions for gift giving. What might you create for a wedding, graduation, and/or Mother's Day? I have no ideas. So am hoping you will all share your ideas here. On;y 14 days until Mother's Day. hmmm........

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a graduation on the 13th. I know graduate needs fund so I may do some origami with some $. Will have to check on the internet for how to's.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished last sisal ball yesterday as well as one covered in moss, basket is full of finished balls now and that decor project is done!!!

Made signs for then put together 3 huge gift baskets for DS school auction fund raiser...shrink wrapped 2 one more to do tonight.

Final work on wreaths for auction tonight so I can drop off tomorrow!

Got craft area cleaned up too!

Picked up several yards of wool blend felt last week. ..found out the only local store that sells it is going out of business :( 30% off was nice but makes me sad!!!

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the pink socks just now! they are put away for Christmas gift giving... I'm thinking they might fit mom. I'll post a picture as soon as my telephone loads up this afternoon.
This afternoon is crafting, so I'll start my shawl, yet again, and I want to do a wood paint slice and see how it works out.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Last night I listed all my works in progress, then added the projects I want to do. Now I'm feeling overwhelmed. This week will be a big push to get a couple CIJ ornaments done.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished wreaths, etc. last night...FINALLY! AND forgot to take pictures before I dropped them off this morning o_O oh well!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Jody ~ Thanks for starting the thread this week. Yep, graduates look forward to monetary gifts!

I’ve made casserole dish carriers, one for wedding and one for birthday. Also homemade potholders with coordinating dish towels are very nice, especially if you know a persons taste in kitchen colors. How about a houseplant re-potted in a pot that you have painted or stenciled? It’s spring, so I’m thinking plants … Let’s go another direction … French memory board with family pictures on it?

AJ ~ Good work with the projects. Wish you had taken pictures, but I’ve done the same when under pressure!

GrammaDeb ~ I always keep a list of WIPs, PIGs and Brain Bunnies. Yes, it can be overwhelming, but it’s so much fun to be able to cross things off; and helps me keep a record of my progress.

Going to Open Sew today with friends. I’m going to be working on a chenille wall hanging for spring/summer.

I’m also trying to get what I need to complete a project tote.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana, thank you for the reminder about plants. Mom buys annuals for around the house. She is in MI so I won't be able to see her on Mother's Day. I going to send her a gift card and suggest she use it to purchase her plants. It may give her the idea to try something different.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Greetings!

Jody ~ Thanks for starting the thread this week. Yep, graduates look forward to monetary gifts!

I’ve made casserole dish carriers, one for wedding and one for birthday. Also homemade potholders with coordinating dish towels are very nice, especially if you know a persons taste in kitchen colors. How about a houseplant re-potted in a pot that you have painted or stenciled? It’s spring, so I’m thinking plants … Let’s go another direction … French memory board with family pictures on it?

AJ ~ Good work with the projects. Wish you had taken pictures, but I’ve done the same when under pressure!

GrammaDeb ~ I always keep a list of WIPs, PIGs and Brain Bunnies. Yes, it can be overwhelming, but it’s so much fun to be able to cross things off; and helps me keep a record of my progress.

Going to Open Sew today with friends. I’m going to be working on a chenille wall hanging for spring/summer.

I’m also trying to get what I need to complete a project tote.
I love the idea of the casserole dish carriers - there are so many beautiful fabrics out there. I really need to learn to sew!

What are WIPs (works in progress?), PIGs and Brain Bunnies?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pamela ~
WIP (Work in progress)
PIGs (Projects in Grochery Sacks)
Brain Bunnies (New craft ideas that multiply faster than I can impliment them)