christmas 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I cannot believe how quickly the year is going!!

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have finished buying most things off the first list. Really need to sit down soon, sort out all the boxes and see what I really have. Need to write a list for the second half of the year.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
they had a esp of christmas on king of queens . always enjoy a festive show

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
housewife2, I enjoy watching Christmas shows too. I have about 7 or 8 Christmas movies recorded and am waiting for miserable weather and I will sit and watch some.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
housewife2, I enjoy watching Christmas shows too. I have about 7 or 8 Christmas movies recorded and am waiting for miserable weather and I will sit and watch some.
It's pretty miserable today so you've given me a great idea! Cups of tea and Christmas movies, here I come!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, sounds perfect!!!
I am looking forward to those miserable Winter days when there is nothing else to do but sit on the couch with a cup of tea, a throw rug and a good movie.Bliss.

Reactions: Minta and PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I actually didn't make it to the Christmas movies, I got caught up in Escape to the Country on You Tube. There's one season on Netflix but lots more episodes on You Tube. I kept it Christmas-y though because in every lounge, sitting room, drawing room, snug, living room whatever they called the main reception room, all I could think of was "Where will they put their Christmas tree?".

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I do the same thing when I watch those shows!!! DH always laughs at me but I don't care, it is a serious thing to get ultimate Christmas tree placement, (UCTP)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I do the same thing when I watch those shows!!! DH always laughs at me but I don't care, it is a serious thing to get ultimate Christmas tree placement, (UCTP)
UCTP, love it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I find that it is about this time that I start losing momentum. The exciting post Christmas days are long behind us, the exciting pre Christmas days are far in front of us and the long cold Winter months are looming. I need to get out the planner, fill some days with plans and get moving again.
Do any of you find your selves in the Christmas lull about now and how do you get back on track?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I find that thinking about each month's upcoming Rudolph Day helps keep me motivated. I think about the task for that month, updates needed to my gift closet and planner, ideas I've been jotting down for things that might make good gifts, and look forward to the movie of the month (or an alternate) gets me in the mood.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Grocery store recently had several spices on sale buy 1 get 2 free .. I stocked up on a few of them including cinnamon. Don't know why but I always seem to run out of cinnamon when I do my holiday baking lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, good job on stocking up. My mum and I did a trial run last week of a caramel cheesecake that we thought we would like to offer as part of Christmas dinner. I am glad we did a trial, the filling was awful and the caramel topping did not set at all. When we took the cheesecake out of the tin it did a slow ooze across the platter. I am so glad that we did not make it fir Christmas day.

Reactions: Minta and PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Minta, good job on stocking up. My mum and I did a trial run last week of a caramel cheesecake that we thought we would like to offer as part of Christmas dinner. I am glad we did a trial, the filling was awful and the caramel topping did not set at all. When we took the cheesecake out of the tin it did a slow ooze across the platter. I am so glad that we did not make it fir Christmas day.
I'm sorry to hear that - sounds like a couple of colossal failures I've seen on The Great British Bake Off. As you said, better it happened now and not at Christmas dinner. I've practiced a few things during Christmas in July that didn't turn out at all.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

Sorry to hear that it didn't turn out good I agree better now then on Christmas Day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks guys. I have a few other things that I would like to try between now and Christmas. There may even be another cheesecake on the list.;)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got 2 little plaques
of christmas today marked down to 30cents hobby lobby love their aisle

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I find that it is about this time that I start losing momentum. The exciting post Christmas days are long behind us, the exciting pre Christmas days are far in front of us and the long cold Winter months are looming. I need to get out the planner, fill some days with plans and get moving again.
Do any of you find your selves in the Christmas lull about now and how do you get back on track?

Katrina - This is my first year experiencing a Christmas lull. I've been thinking a lot about the cleaning plans and how that motivates me. The one thing I like but really never seem to be able to do the way I would like to do is the Holiday Spruce up sheet from the House and Holidays Plan. That's the only time that I really sit down and think about the things that I would like to do to spruce up the house. Most of the time, it's things that require more time than I have or more money than I have.

I'm thinking of making that list this week. I want to go through room by room and make a list of the things I want to spruce up. Whatever is most time intensive could get started on now and it would give me plenty of time to finish.

Pamela - Rudolph Days are good too. I have to get back into the habit of marking time off on the calendar.

Minta - We've had a rather cool, rainy spring. I've been adding cinnamon to the the coffee before brewing on some of those cool days. It makes the kitchen smell warm. I may be adding cinnamon to my baking list sooner than later if the cool weather continues.

Housewife2 - That's a great buy! Whenever I go into Hobby Lobby, I always spend more time there than I intend. Their music is so calming, that I just find myself strolling up and down aisles.