Crafters Challenge May 13-19 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
How is everyone doing with projects? I need to decide on my home made gifts and then get started. I thinking of making aprons for all the girls. Maybe oven mitts for the guys.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I found some beautiful Christmas fabric in a tote when I was inventorying last week. I also found a pattern for easy kitchen accessories - placemats, napkins, covers for toasters, blenders, other kitchen appliances. Once we are settled in Washington, I am heading to the nearest fabric store to sign up for sewing lessons.

Have you ever seen these - placemats for round tables? I saw them for the first time at a craft fair last Christmas. I need to find a pattern.

Placemats for  Round Tables.jpg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pamela ~ Here's a link at freepaterns.com.
https://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FS00172&cat_id=451
You can register or log in to download it for free. These placemats don't have the nice rounded corners, but you could do that. You could also put the pattern pieces together to cut a placemat out in one piece instead of using two fabrics as shown. Where in Washington are you moving to? Perhaps we can meet up sometime!

I'm kind of between projects right now, as I have completed the spring chenille wall hanging (except for the hanging dowel which DH is making for me). I'm going to try to get back to Sonja's Christmas stocking in the evenings. I'm not sure what to do in the studio. DD want's a pillow cover for Julia's bed pillow, but she hasn't given me dimensions yet.

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Pamela ~ Here's a link at freepaterns.com.
https://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FS00172&cat_id=451
You can register or log in to download it for free. These placemats don't have the nice rounded corners, but you could do that. You could also put the pattern pieces together to cut a placemat out in one piece instead of using two fabrics as shown. Where in Washington are you moving to? Perhaps we can meet up sometime!

I'm kind of between projects right now, as I have completed the spring chenille wall hanging (except for the hanging dowel which DH is making for me). I'm going to try to get back to Sonja's Christmas stocking in the evenings. I'm not sure what to do in the studio. DD want's a pillow cover for Julia's bed pillow, but she hasn't given me dimensions yet.
Thank you!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
The last supply item for my Christmas in July ornament swap ornaments will be here today. This is the week I get them completed!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished 2 felt pop tarts this weekend! :)

Working on a set of felt brownies...had to go buy smaller needles to fit through the beads I'm using for "sprinkles"!

Have several cards to make ASAP for graduations, end of school year and 1 birthday!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Finished 2 felt pop tarts this weekend! :)

Working on a set of felt brownies...had to go buy smaller needles to fit through the beads I'm using for "sprinkles"!

Have several cards to make ASAP for graduations, end of school year and 1 birthday!
Would love to see pictures of your felt sweet treats.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lana wanted me to let you all know that she hasn't forgotten about you guys! Her internet is still down but she is hoping it will be back up on Wednesday!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for the report on Lana. I look forward to her return!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

I did sew up a new cafran today (picture on my blog). I love the fabric!

Last night I worked on the Christmas stocking kit. There's not really much left to do but will still probably take a week or so to finish; and that's if I keep at it.
DJ

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I bought a Longaberger basket small (6x6 or about that size) pillow cross stitch kit from Ebay yesterday. The seller wanted $13 or best offer and there was $2.99 shipping so I offered $7.50 to keep it around $10 and the offer was accepted. I haven't cross stitched in ages - just don't have the eyesight for it like I used to - but I'm going to give it a try. I really just wanted a cross stitch pattern of a Longaberger basket.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pamela ~ The basket CCS sounds great. You might want to try some magnifying glasses. A friend of mine swears by them. Also, be sure you have very good lighting. I really enjoy CCS!

Reactions: PamelaG

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
HELLO!!!!!!!

For the time being I appear to be up!

Thank you Jody for keeping the thread posted. You are so inspiring with opening the thread!

Seems you all have did GREAT!!!!

I saw that painting on FB and thought it looked really cool.

Lots still happening here so ....... I have still been purchasing fabric here and there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, welcome back.
I am still working on the little CCS star that I started last week. There is no pattern, just a photograph of the finished item so I am glad that it is not too difficult.
I will try and post a photo when it is done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Today I stitched out a couple of machine embroidery ornaments. I'm liking the way they are turning out.

Last edited: