Crafters Challenge May 27th- June 2nd, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!!!!

I cannot believe that another month is down! Starting this weekly seems like we have lots of time for specific deadlines and man oh man the time gets here so FAST!!!!

As we all know I haven't really gotten much done in several months. Trade off I am making memories with Teigan!

I found a material close to what I am looking for but not exactly.

What are your plans this week?

I LOVE LOVE hearing that you are doing and LOVE the pictures~!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I haven't been doing much, if any, crafting here at the lake, although I brought sewing, knitting, and cross stitch. No motivation, I guess. I spent lots of time yesterday writing up a tutorial for hanging loops on a quilt, surfing the web for knit bag ideas, and also researching a clock we need to replace. Got that ordered.

Iris is arriving on Thursday, and I think we both are interested in doing some crafting together. In the meantime, once we get home on Tuesday, I have some prep (mostly cooking) to do for our camping trip (leaving Saturday).

My main goal craft-wise this week is/should be to finish the Christmas stocking for Sonja.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Greetings!

I haven't been doing much, if any, crafting here at the lake, although I brought sewing, knitting, and cross stitch. No motivation, I guess. I spent lots of time yesterday writing up a tutorial for hanging loops on a quilt, surfing the web for knit bag ideas, and also researching a clock we need to replace. Got that ordered.

Iris is arriving on Thursday, and I think we both are interested in doing some crafting together. In the meantime, once we get home on Tuesday, I have some prep (mostly cooking) to do for our camping trip (leaving Saturday).

My main goal craft-wise this week is/should be to finish the Christmas stocking for Sonja.
I love the name Sonja!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure what the plans are for this week, I just know that I want to do something. I might do another CCS like I just did for my mum while I have all the gear out for it. I need to find frames but the CCS is square and I have nothing here, need to look for a square frame.
Once that is done I might do another crochet blanket, I have crates of wool to get through.
I also have some felt that I can do felt hearts so have plenty to do just need to start.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hope everyone in the US has a good Memorial Day!

I made very good progress on the Christmas stocking yesterday. Only a couple more steps to complete it ... the hanging loop and the name. I want to see if I can find pictures of what I've done before to see how I want to finish it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to start the other CCS star and realised that the aida cloth gauge was way too small. Will have to go to the mall at some stage and get some more. I have a few items that I want to do for gift tags and I need the proper cloth.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone sounds busy!

I finished a graduation card this weekend and made a start on first Halloween card - will be making 3 more in same design!

Found a simple mesh wastebasket at a garage sale that I snagged for a project for the downstairs bathroom - will hot glue thick sisal rope around the entire outside - should go well with the beachy theme in that room.

Snagged a large grapevine wreath for $1 - I'll take the faux flowers off and use for a project - can't beat that price for a wreath form!

Also got a couple rolls - LOTS of yardage - of white and some off white lace for cheap - will put in a mesh laundry bag and wash just to be on safe side. Place we were at had things from lots of different estate sales in a big barn space and although it "looks" alright I'm just going to wash it!

Hoping to get more work on cards done this week - and get back to my poor abandoned felt food "brownies" tha are still sitting on a side table in the living room.

This weekend flew by with cleaning, gardening, reorganizing and some play time too!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of the lamps in my family room has a shade that is looking shabby. It is an odd size and I cannot find on at the hardware store to fit it.
Has anyone every recovered a lampshade? If so, what fabric did you use?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Do a Google search and you will find lots of good information and tutorials. I thought this YouTube video was very good.

You could also paint it.

I don't know the shape of your lampshade, but here's a video showing how to do an odd shape.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, thank you for posting that video. I love the fabric that she has used, such a lovely vibrant lime.
I was thinking that I would have to remove the existing fabric that is on my shade and take it back to the skeleton, but I think by using this method I can recover the shade that I have. Now to find some fabric.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Before putting your new fabric over the old shade, be sure that you will get enough light through the fabric.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, DUH , of course, I did not think of that, the poor light would have to come through 2 lots of lampshade fabric. I think a lighter colour may still work but wasn't the fabric she used wonderful?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Yes, she did chose very nice fabric. I tend to tire of fabric, though, if it's too geometric. I'm really loving the water-color-look fabrics! Of course it's spring now, so very in-season. Then I would want to change it out for fall/winter. LOL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

My DGD is here for a few weeks. The last couple of days she's been working on a small piece of fabric that we're going to make chenille with and applique it onto a t-shirt for her. She has all the stitching done, so I'll be washing it today as well as pre-shrinking the t-shirt. We're also packing up for a camping trip. Leaving tonight. I will be without internet for most of the week, so may not be posting much.

Have fun everyone!

Reactions: luludou