christmas 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I think that I need to get back on track too. Looking at the spruce up sheets may be the motivation that I need.

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I would like to re-start my Christmas gift crafting mojo! Have hit a lull myself! I'm also going to try and make a concerted effort to pick up at least one thing from Meijer each week while there for groceries that is for Christmas - stocking stuffer, something for a gift basket, whatever. Little by little it all comes together!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
i got 2 little plaques
of christmas today marked down to 30cents hobby lobby love their aisle

I wish we had a Hobby Lobby closer but the closest one is about 30 to 40 minutes away depending on traffic.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I wish we had a Hobby Lobby closer but the closest one is about 30 to 40 minutes away depending on traffic.
Ours is quite close here in VA but when we move to WA, it will be about 30 to 40 minutes for me too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, I always try and use the weekly grocery shop to pick up a few things towards Christmas, whether it be some food for the freezer or a stocking filler or two. As you said, little by little it all helps.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The countdown continues.....
I am doing quite well so far this year. I love these posts, keeps me on track.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm starting to get the Christmas bug again - I do not know why exactly - but once it gets HOT again - I just instinctively want to play Christmas music, look at my Christmas books and craft, craft, craft on gifts! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ things are slowing down here at the moment but as soon as Spring hits, The 'Ber months, the bug will well and truly bite again

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I started on a Holiday Spruce up list for the outside of the house. Using Christmas as my motivator is making a difference on my attitude with the mundane things. I noticed that our garage doors and the area around it needed a bit of a soap and water. Just envisioning the Christmas wreaths flanking the cleaned up garage doors made me smile. :D

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I started on a Holiday Spruce up list for the outside of the house. Using Christmas as my motivator is making a difference on my attitude with the mundane things. I noticed that our garage doors and the area around it needed a bit of a soap and water. Just envisioning the Christmas wreaths flanking the cleaned up garage doors made me smile. :D

I want to take our front door off the hinges so I can repaint it and the door frame before we decorate for fall/halloween. I never really paid attention to the garage door but now I think I will ... Thanks for suggestion

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Holiday_Mom, I also need to do this. I will be hanging a garland off my garage door this year and it will look lovely with a nice clean door behind it. I will add it to the spruce up list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
195 days till christmas. i found a gift i bought last year will put it with my things ive bought for this christmas
What a lovely little bonus.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Hi everyone;
Christmas has been the last thing on my mind as I have been working well over 40 hours a week for the past 3 months. Grateful for the opportunity but it leaves no time for anything else at the moment. I finally had a day off yesterday and was totally overjoyed when I walked into Hobby Lobby and saw the Christmas decorations going up and the smell of fall flanking the first 4 aisles. That truly made me happy from the inside out. Of course my first thought was this forum and how I couldn't wait to share my excitement with people who love to celebrate the holidays as much as I do. Then it was like an avalanche of lists flowing through my head to prepare. LOL It was all the motivation I needed. Now I'm trying to figure out how to arrange work around Christmas because after all, priorities are important. LOL

I do hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Making preparations for our annual holiday sleepover. Every year after lunch on Thanksgiving we bring all (7 this year) of the grandchildren to our home for the weekend so that the parents can enjoy their Black Friday shopping, wrapping and hiding of the gifts without prying little eyes.

This year I've decided to make all of them matching pj's and I'm making arrangements for a photographer to come take pictures and print 8 x 10 photos on site. The group pictures will be framed and their gifts to their parents. We will also make ornaments using individual pictures for them to put on their trees at home.

I still make them their very own Christmas pillowcases with a new pillow inside as well as a quilt/blanket/afghan for each one to take home after the sleepover.

I have a tree for the girls and one for the boys to decorate for their rooms here. They love having the freedom to do what they want on their very own trees and they just love going to sleep at night with their pride and joy all lit up.

I've got my shopping list going for all the food, snacks and drinks required for our special weekend. Time to start shopping.

So what is everyone else planning?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What a wonderful tradition you have started Ellen.