christmas 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ellen - I love it all! you are making awesome memories for your grandchildren

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ellen, how absolutely perfect your sleepover sounds. Amazing memories for your Grandbabies.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ellen - You rock! That is just all there is to it! :)

And I need to go to Hobby Lobby - lol

I have not had much time for Christmas prep/thoughts lately either. We are getting ready to start first big camping trip - with several other events and trips planned that will eat up the summer.

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Ellen, it's so good to see you here! I love what you do at Thanksgiving with the grandkids! What great memories they'll have and what a gift to their parents.

My main goal for Christmas at this point is to do those bigger projects or time consuming projects that show up on my Holiday Spruce up list each fall. I'm also hoping to do some deep cleaning this summer with the kids. I will be :D and they will be :eek: when I tell them this.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Ellen ... what an awesome thing to do with the grandkids ... take lots of pictures.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My main goal for Christmas at this point is to do those bigger projects or time consuming projects that show up on my Holiday Spruce up list each fall. I'm also hoping to do some deep cleaning this summer with the kids. I will be :D and they will be :eek: when I tell them this.

I want to do some deep cleaning and painting too this summer and I am sure my kids will react the same way when I tell them what they will be doing as part of the cleaning projects LOL

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Holiday_Mom, you made me lol with your description of the kids reactions. I can hear the groans of dismay from here.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
163 days till christmas. we will put it out the end of this month. i bought a orament at hobby lobby the other dayand got some oraments from hallmark today

Reactions: Minta and PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
163 days is not too far now. So much planning to do yet.
Come September I really begin to get excited.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I see that number and I panic...geez!!! I did just work out my cleaning calendar for the summer as well. I hope to have a good portion purged and deep cleaned before September. I try at least 1x a year to go through things. Some years it works out, some it doesn't. So it's yet to be determined.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've got an update on the Summer Holiday Spruce up. The kids were not thrilled when I first told them my great idea. However, I think they are turning around on the idea. Each year that we do this, there is less work.

The kids have gone through the garage and sorted through the toys/sports equipment. They've gone through the basement and sorted through toys and books. I will give us all a break and pick up again in August with their bedrooms. My motto is "If you want it, that's fine. If you don't want it, that's fine. I just don't want to store unwanted things."

Now my garage door cleaning ended up taking on a life of it's own. While cleaning the doors, I noticed that the paint was chipping in the wooden areas around the door. Enough paint was off that it was weathered. So I ended up painting the wood around both garage doors. Since the doors looked sparkling and fresh, I also washed down the siding and the 14 yrs. worth of black dirt that was along the gutter. Then I washed the garage door windows. It was a much bigger thing than I anticipated but the front of the garage looks great now.

I think I might do a few more small painting projects.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we are going to put new doors on the garage they are wooden and hes going to repaint the garage. it will be pretty to decorate the outside for christmas. im thinking of garland with white lights on them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am excited for September to arrive. That is when my planning hits high gear. In the meantime I am filling up my planner with all sorts of good things.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
housewife2 how exciting. I wonder what the decorations will be like this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
not sure will see later this week
there is usually a 'theme". Sometimes I am struggling to find anything I like and sometimes there is way too much that I like.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we usually start with traditional theme then bring in the snowmen