Christmas in July 2018 - Day Five

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Tablescapes. Do you have Christmas dishes? Do you use them for just Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day or all month?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I think today is day 6

I do have Christmas dishes I swap out with my regular ones. I used to have poinsettia ones (and still do in storage) eventually I switched to snowman dishes that I keep out past Christmas.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie I like the dishes.
Shannon, Snowmen

I have these salad plates with these mugs. I change them out at the beginning of December and can stay out for the winter season. I have burgundy dinner plates I added to the set. The kitchen is decorated with a snowman theme.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I once saw a wonderful set of Hanukkah dishes but didn't buy them and still kick myself for it!.

I try to pick up odds and ends when I see them but have never seen a full set again. They would be good for at least 8 days;) in December.

For other holiday plates I mainly use paper. I do have some platters, table runners and tablecloths for both holidays

Reactions: Cathymac2

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Replacements has really good prices but don't ship here.. oh well, I'll keep looking! one day ....

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I always wanted special holiday dishes; but we almost always used paper & plastic (red & green) for easy cleanup.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have Pfaltzgraff Winterberry dishes. I display them in the hutch during December and January. I use them for any entertaining during the holiday season. We use the glassware regularly during the holidays, but I usually save the plates and serving pieces for entertaining. I've been collecting for years and haven't tired of them yet.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I have Nikko Classic Christmas. I use them from the Monday after Thanksgiving until Christmas day. Then I switch to snowman dishes. I have a blue and white set and a green set. I mix them with my every day white dishes when we have company. I have napkins that match the Christmas dishes. Since I don't really care for the "matchy matchy" look, I use the dishes with red bandanas for napkins and then use the Christmas motif napkins with white dishes to switch things up some.

Reactions: GrammaDeb