Christmas in July 2018 - Day Six

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Tablescapes and all things tables.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am lacking in this area. I do not even have Christmas dishes. I believe I gave away all my Christmas mugs too. I use to use cute placemats but they worn out. I haven't found any that I like. Seems most of the placemats are too cartoony for me. I do have two Christmas platters.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
We don't eat at the table and we don't tend to have guest so this is a are j dont have any for

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
No Christmas dishes here. Always wanted them but where would I store them?? Our dining room table usually has a plain green or red table cloth on it. I have a very old metal candel holder with a glass globe that had fresh flowers on it originally that was grandmas. I used dollar tree Christmas flowers and a luminera candel in it ( other wise someone would catch their tail on fire!). Sadly last year Sebastian (one of the cats) knocked it over and broke the globe so I'm in search of a new one. How do I upload a photo??? I'm somewhat challenged!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
No Christmas dishes here. Always wanted them but where would I store them?? Our dining room table usually has a plain green or red table cloth on it. I have a very old metal candel holder with a glass globe that had fresh flowers on it originally that was grandmas. I used dollar tree Christmas flowers and a luminera candel in it ( other wise someone would catch their tail on fire!). Sadly last year Sebastian (one of the cats) knocked it over and broke the globe so I'm in search of a new one. How do I upload a photo??? I'm somewhat challenged!
To upload a photo, click on Upload a File just to the right of Post Reply at the bottom of your post. That should take you right to your Photos, select a photo and it will appear in a section at the bottom of the post with the options to insert a thumbnail (small size) or the full image. If you select thumbnail, we can click on it to see the larger photo.0 - Christmas in July Header 2018.jpg Then select Post Reply and you're done. I just tested it out with this Christmas in July photo. Click on it and you'll see it much larger in a separate window.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
View attachment 279 It works !!! Like said I am very challenged when it comes to this stuff! Anyways this was my grandma's. I hope I can find a new globe at the flea market this summer.
Beautiful! I think I've seen globes that like at craft stores, Michaels or Hobby Lobby but a flea market is also a good source. Good luck!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a set of Christmas glassware that I got from my mother-in-law when I first got married. I also have Winter Berry plates from Pfaltzgraff. I bring them out on Thanksgiving weekend. We have an IKEA shelving system in our basement. I keep our entertaining ware on those shelves. We eat in our dining room daily so I have four tablecloths that I alternate throughout December: burgundy, forest green, red and green plaid and a Winter Berry print.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Dishes, Dishes...I've got dishes. I love to set a nice table and I love china and linens and all those pretty things. BUT I live in a smaller house...so 15 years ago prior to marrying my husband I set alot of really nice tables for the holidays. We only had a few guest and all was beautiful. NOW...our family is so big we don't do alot of our Christmas dinner here because we can't fit everyone. So I use them for other occasions when I can. Last year I got some beautiful Pioneer Woman Christmas dessert plates (you can kinda see them in the pic) on clearance and I'm SUPER excited to use this coming year. In the pics you'll see some Christmas books I picked up for free and they are still hanging out on top of my record player.

20180714_233321.jpg 20180714_233259.jpg

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Michelle - LOVE your taste!!! Beautiful!!!

I am excited to share that I have finally acquired some Christmas dishes again! We lost the ones I had in the fire and I just never replaced!

Was at a garage sale this weekend – friend of a friend – and got 4 dinner plates, 12 small plates and 6 teacups and saucers. They are the standard holly pattern around the edges of white plates. I plan to mix and match with my plain white plates in order to seat a crowd. And all the dessert plates come in handy too!!!

I love looking at tablescapes! I do have a neutral tone runner that I use year round on our dining room table – it lends itself to all different themes which is nice.

We have cut glass candlesticks that have been in DH’s family a long time that I always get out for special meals. And I have two heavy cut glass pitchers – they are just lovely – that I will add to the table filled with ice water.

I have a set of gold reindeer salt and pepper shakers – very plain but cute – that I add to the table as well. They add a little pop of glitz! Or for a breakfast/brunch that might call for a little more whimsy I have a set of ceramic snowmen shakers instead.

We do have a set of good flatware I use for holidays as well.

I do have chargers too – one set of gold and one set of a neutral dark creamish kind of color.

What I struggle with is centerpieces – I’ve been using a sleigh that came prefilled with greenery, holly, poinsettia’s and I add a fat string of lighted bead garland I got from QVC years ago. The battery box slips under the sleigh so it’s out of sight. It’s not easy to move around but it is lower in height and people can see over it to talk etc. But it’s large enough that I worry it’s taking up too much room during a sit down meal…

I do not usually use cloth napkins, just the “good” paper ones, haha

Someday I’d like to get a full set of the Pioneer Woman drinking glasses – maybe in clear – maybe in one of the colors – I think they are so pretty!