Crafters Challenge July 8th-July 14th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This week will take us half way thru July at the end of it!

Was so happy to have new people join the thread last week! Also the pictures shared of completed projects were awesome!

I now to to decide on the 12 Days of Christmas item.

I think I will trade out the bottom part of Teigans peppa pigs dress with a solid color.

Not sure crafting will be on my list this week. Would love it to be but...........

Happy Crafting to all and look forward to hearing what you are doing, dreaming of doing or see your list of items to make for Christmas!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I will be working on the invitation to dd28 bridal shower. I am cutting teapots from a floral scrap paper and printing the invite on vellum paper. Once done I will practice making scones and cake pops for the shower. I am going to try both English and American scones. English scones are less sweet than American scones. I have 2 days in a row off so I am going to dig out my UFO's begin.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This week I'm working on organizing photos from my Dad and Mom. I will make smaller shadow boxes for my other niece and 2 nephews of old family photos with a few of items I have saved. Oh, I need to mail the finished one after I add one more photo. After looking at it a few days I decided one area could hold another small photo.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Tomorrow I’m going to Open Sew with a couple of friends. We’re all going to make Bindle Bags. I might take along another project to work on in case there is additional time. I would like it to be my new chenille wall hanging project, but I would need to get the backing first. Not sure I will have time to do that. Must check my UFO and other lists for ideas.

Company is coming Wednesday for a few days. I’ll be busy with gardening, cleaning and meal planning; so probably just knitting or CCS in the evenings.

Pictures of the kitty collars are on my blog.

Fuchsia

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Progress is being made on the dress - today I plan to sew in the lining and the sleeves. I'll leave it to hang for a day or so before hemming the skirt.

Still a bit of backstitching to finish on the smaller cross stitch project, but hope to get it finished by the end of this week's challenge.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm scraping glue off the wood slices :( will knit if I have the time

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I've been cutting fabric for my quilt. I hope to be finished cutting by the end of the week so I can start sewing. My Christmas gifts have been finished. I made free standing lace snowflakes for everyone this year. 9 dozen total. It wasn't as easy I thought it was going to be because my sewing machine wasn't to happy stitching out some of the designs. But they are done and I learned a few more things about machine embroidery and my machine.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ That's a lot of snowflakes! I would love to see them. I have an embroidery machine also. If you check out my blog and select Machine Embroidery, you can see some of the things I've done. What kind of machine do you have?

I finished the prayer shawl this evening and have purchased the yarn for Sonja's blanket, so I guess that's my next knitting project.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I went to knitting lady yesterday for sock heel, this morning I decided to work on it but screwed everything up, will need to go back :(

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Myron's Mom, wow good work on the snowflakes.

Still working on the last rug. It is more male colours, grey, brown, blue. It will not be as big as the girls one as I don't have as much wool.
As soon as that is finished I want to finish a CCS for myself and frame tha one that I have made for my mum. Got to get moving.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucy ~ Have you heard of the Afterthought heel (knitting)? I don't know if I read about it here but it looks interesting.

I made a Bindle Bag yesterday at Open Sew and may be making myself one more with the fabric Kathy used. I loved hers! I also finished another CCS Gnome motif (2 of 3) and started on Sonja's blanket.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom ~ That's a lot of snowflakes! I would love to see them. I have an embroidery machine also. If you check out my blog and select Machine Embroidery, you can see some of the things I've done. What kind of machine do you have?

I finished the prayer shawl this evening and have purchased the yarn for Sonja's blanket, so I guess that's my next knitting project.

I'll have to check if I have a photo if not I'll get one taken and post.
I have a baby lock destiny that I bought right after I retired. I like that it's a all in one machine and can pretty much do anything. I've done quilting in the hoop which turned out nice and a little bit of ruler work besides my regular sewing and embroidery. I still have a lot to learn. I'll be going to a 3 day floriani workshop this fall. And I have found the joys of you tube!

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ That's a nice machine! My largest hoop is 5x7 (pretty small), but I'm thinking about making some individual quilt blocks on it and then using a quilt as you go method to join the pre-quilted blocks. Have you ever done that? I've played with some ruler work, too.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Well the shawl is at the cast off point but till I decide what to do there it sets. The yarn has different shades running through it and the picture showed eight shades but the yarn actually has 9. So when I knitted it up I knitted enlarging it till 4 shades was knitted up and than decreasing using only 2 inches of the ninth shade which I really like. So I guess I need to decide if I redo the whole shawl, take it back to half way and make shawl bigger or as a friend suggest take the last shade and do a trim around the shawl. The shawl goes from a very pale pink(what didn’t get used) to a dark pink.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom ~ That's a nice machine! My largest hoop is 5x7 (pretty small), but I'm thinking about making some individual quilt blocks on it and then using a quilt as you go method to join the pre-quilted blocks. Have you ever done that? I've played with some ruler work, too.
I've done quilt as you go one time for a memory quilt for my son. The only issue I had was with my fabric. I had some that would fray easy so I had to be careful and made it difficult to work with. Other than that I liked how it turned out and was pretty easy to do.
I started sewing some of my quilt blocks today. I still need to do a little more cutting but my arms and back are tired of it. Will try to cut more next week.