Christmas in July 2018 - Day Eleven

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Outdoor Decorating - Doors.

Reactions: Minta

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We have a full glass in our front door so I seldom do anything for the door. Now with a 3yr old grandson I will put those clingy decorations on it. I have a pair of skates I hang from the light next to the door or on the deck support.

Reactions: GrammaDeb and Minta

Andthenjust

MHH Member
Jul 10, 2018
Uk
I would love to hang wreaths on my doors, but I'm apprehensive due to any damage they may do (live in a rented house). Does anyone have suggestions on this area of decorating with minimal drilling/nails?

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I would love to hang wreaths on my doors, but I'm apprehensive due to any damage they may do (live in a rented house). Does anyone have suggestions on this area of decorating with minimal drilling/nails?

Command hooks ... Hooks with a stick adhesive back.

Andthenjust

MHH Member
Jul 10, 2018
Uk
Do you all have fresh wreaths? Or do you have artificial ones? Or both! I always aspire to have a beautifully decorated home for Christmas, but only end up with a couple of rooms done. I'm a novice in this.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have a giant deco mesh wreath I put on the storm door but I'm ready to find something different. The side door I hung a Mickey shaped wreath with lights. Not sure 8f I'll put it back or leave it hanging inside (where it is now lol)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Upside down Command hooks on the back of the door. The wreath ribbon/string/cord will then go up and over the doorway and your wreath will hang from that. Another alternative is a wreath hanger - they make them pretty thin these days, plastic or metal.

Reactions: GrammaDeb

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We do outside floods red and green on the house. I have an old sled with a wreath I made hanging on it that leans on the porch by the front door. Easy to set up, take down and store.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
my daughter makes wreaths for my doors. i put little lights around the porch. i have standing lighted deer next to the porch

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I stand the kids runner sled on the porch and hang a wreath on it and set a lantern near . I also swag garland across the porch rail and have large snowflakes and silver ribbon hanging from it. I also have a grapevine wreath with Christmas drcor and large twig angel I hang with command strips on each sIde of the picture window. I wish I had take a picture of it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have use an artificial wreath with on the front door. I use a metal over the door wreath holder on our front door. It's great for rentals since it leaves no nail marks.