Christmas in July 2018 - Day Nine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Walls - how to hide cords and hang things without making nail holes. Any tips?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Misc vacation,art classes, school grant 158.JPG Misc vacation,art classes, school grant 075.JPG I have a light cord to hide that extends from the stair rail to the plug that I have not figured out how to hide or make it look purposeful. Pictured are two attempts. There isn't a plug on the same wall as the rail either. I may be able to do it backwards end with the plug at the bottom of the stairs and have a power cord under the tree skirt to plug into.

My mom gift wraps her pictures she already has hanging and it very festive. We both take done existing decor and replace with holiday decor. If I can I will decorate the hanging already there mirror etc with some holiday items.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Using garland is a great way to cover cords and what a great idea to take down existing decor and replace it with holiday items - no new nail holes needed!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
MissJoDee I agree with trying to run the cords backwards so they fall behind the tree or at the bottom of the stairs. I have issues with the Garland on the rail for the same reason. Occasionally it's just down the wall so I try to work it so it's at the bottom of the rails (still hangs there also)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Miss JoDee, I like what you did with the garland. Another thought, can you move the tree in front of the cord?

I place baskets, chairs, etc. in front of the cords to draw attention away from the cords when possible.

If I want to hang a Christmas wreath, picture, etc. on the wall, I take down whatever I have currently hanging and replace it with the other item.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here are some of my favorite tips:

Jody - if you don't want to move the tree in front of the cord - what about some faux presents stacked to disguise it? Sounds like you have some other possible solutions as well though!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Here are some of my favorite tips:

Jody - if you don't want to move the tree in front of the cord - what about some faux presents stacked to disguise it? Sounds like you have some other possible solutions as well though!
Yes, that upside-down Command Hook is ingenious!