Thursday Meals 7.26.18

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What's cooking?

I'm planning Lemon Basil Chicken, Rice Pilaf and Air Fryer Zucchini Chips for dinner.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
For lunch, I cooked baked fish, roasted potatoes, and fresh tomato, cucumber, and onion salad.
For supper, I'm making dirty rice and cornbread.

Reactions: teachermomof2

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Steak with scalloped potatoes and green beans!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Fish & Chips with mushy peas from the English store with Spotted Dick and custard for dessert. It's another Jolly Old England menu.

Auntys Spotted Dick.jpg

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was totally lazy today. Canned baked beans (doctored up) and hot dogs that I tossed in the crock-pot at noon. Very easy.

Pam, I have a Cranberry Pudding recipe that I make once in a while. A nurse in North Dakota shared it with me. She said it was from her Aunt who was from England. The recipe says to just put foil over the pan when baking.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I was totally lazy today. Canned baked beans (doctored up) and hot dogs that I tossed in the crock-pot at noon. Very easy.

Pam, I have a Cranberry Pudding recipe that I make once in a while. A nurse in North Dakota shared it with me. She said it was from her Aunt who was from England. The recipe says to just put foil over the pan when baking.
That sounds interesting. When I think of English puddings, I think steamed with foil over the basin (like a thick mixing bowl that you stand on a trivet in a pan of boiling water). Of course, pudding is also the general term for any kind of dessert!