Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Eight

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Moving into the Entertainment category for the last few days of Christmas in July 2018 - today it's music. Tell us your favorites.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Not much of a music fan but I love Carol of the Bells.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DH & I started in 1972 when we married, buying a Christmas album every year, cassette tapes when they were popular and now CD's. The albums and cassettes are gone, but we have a huge collection of CD's - everything from Bing Crosby and Elvis Presley to The Chipmunks and The Muppets to Amy Grant and Andrea Bocelli. I LOVE Christmas music all year!

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
DH & I started in 1972 when we married, buying a Christmas album every year, cassette tapes when they were popular and now CD's. The albums and cassettes are gone, but we have a huge collection of CD's - everything from Bing Crosby and Elvis Presley to The Chipmunks and The Muppets to Amy Grant and Andrea Bocelli. I LOVE Christmas music all year!
I love Andrea Bocelli, will have to look for his Christmas CD.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh Holy Night is one of my favorites along with Nat King Cole's a Christmas Song.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love the old Goodyear Christmas albums and the Longines symphony albums. I found a place that has them on cd. They are not restored so they crack, hiss and pop just like they did on the old record player growing up. I listen to them year round.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Anything from the crooners.

Baby it's cold outside, Chestnut's roasting on an open fire (The Christmas song), ...

Reactions: Cathymac2

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Anything from the crooners.

Baby it's cold outside, Chestnut's roasting on an open fire (The Christmas song), ...
Yes!!!!

I especially love Silver Bells by anyone and Beautiful Star of Bethlehem sang by my best friend every year at church!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Nothing says Christmas to me like Nat King Cole’s voice. It IS the holiday! J

I adore Karen Carpenter as well! There are so many songs I would consider classic and it seems there is always so much more to discover!

For something a bit quirkier, I’ve owned Ultra Lounge’s Christmas Cocktails (Vol 1 and 2) and have listed to them every year for donkey’s years! Mix of music that is just right to bake cookies by or decorate or whatever! Great for parties too!

Lately I have really been entranced by the older Christmas carols – they keep popping up and I just love them. Was watching the Christmas episode from Season 2 of Anne with an “E” last night and the melody The Holly and The Ivy keep appearing – Anne humming it, the background music, etc. Lovely!

I also have really enjoyed various piano renditions of carols – I used to have 3 CD set I bought on QVC during a CIJ sale many years ago and I loved it. Another loss to the fire, sadly!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Growing up my parents had a Christmas album that had songs sung by Nat King Cole, Barbara Streisand, Bing Crosby, etc. I wish I could find it. It wasn't Christmas without those songs playing.

Nowadays, I like to listen to Christmas CDs by Bing Crosby and Harry Connick. I have a number of instrumental CDs too. On Christmas morning, we listen to A Charlie Brown Christmas when we open up gifts.

Reactions: AuntJamelle