Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Seven

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
CIJ Dinner/Breakfast/Party - do you hold one? If so, tell us about it. Planning for or dreaming about one? Tell us your ideas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Last year we started splitting Christmas into two different times. One to open gifts which we did 8 or so days before Christmas. Then on Christmas we had our dinner. This worked for us with DGS since he also has Christmas with his mom’s family. We didn’t want to overwhelm him with toys all at once.

But no real party with lots of friends and neighbors.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I am the only one that celebrates CiJ at my house, so no party. Hubs did watch a Christmas movie with me last night. And he chose it! Baby steps!

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I would love to have a CIJ party, perhaps a brunch with a gift exchange along the lines of a My Favorite Things party. I put my ideas up in my blog post along with a link that gives you all the details about My Favorite Things.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Didn't do it this year - took a trip to CO instead - but normally I host a small gathering of girlfriends for CIJ. We test recipes, eat a lot, talk a lot, with Christmas music or movies in the background. We might have a Christmas craft for the little ones to do as well. I am sad we didn't get to do it this year! Will just have to make sure it happens next year!

I would LOVE to do a get away CIJ trip with the girls! Maybe to Frankenmuth - we could shop at Bronner's - visit Michigan wineries, etc. That would be a BLAST!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I would LOVE to do a get away CIJ trip with the girls! Maybe to Frankenmuth - we could shop at Bronner's - visit Michigan wineries, etc. That would be a BLAST!
My mom lives about 30 miles from Frankenmuth.It is a really interesting town.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Frankenmuth!!! Haven't been in years. I could spend a fortune in Bronners. And the little wineries....:). what a great trip!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our beach vacation fell on 25 July so we had a little celebration then. We brought sugar cookie dough and red and green sprinkles for making cookies on a rainy beach day. We made red and green layered drinks. My teens really liked that idea.