Saturday Suppers 8.4.18

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What's cooking?

We are having Oven Baked Chicken Thighs, Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad and probably some kind of zucchini dish. lol It's that time of year! I made a mock apple pie for dessert, using zucchini.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We are having a salad, garlic bread and a new shrimp dish that I found and shared on FB this a.m.. Probably won't put the tomato in it since Ryan gets blisters from them. He doesn't particularly care for noodles so he might not eat that so the kids will do hamburgers then.

Reactions: teachermomof2

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We're doing Papa Johns.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
BBQ Country-style ribs, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, and coconut custard pie for dessert. Semi-homemade for the win! Does anyone know if Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade is still on the Food Network? I used to collect her magazines as well but I'm not sure if they are still in publication.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I made stuffed shells with Italian sausage. DD had it with Alfredo sauce and we had spicy tomato.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
BBQ Country-style ribs, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, and coconut custard pie for dessert. Semi-homemade for the win! Does anyone know if Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade is still on the Food Network? I used to collect her magazines as well but I'm not sure if they are still in publication.

With her having cancer and everything I think she's off the air. I haven't seen her show in a very long time. I used to love her!

Reactions: PamelaG

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Everything sounds yummy. I dont usually cook on ter weekends.

Lisa I have never heard of mock apple pie with zucchini

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
With her having cancer and everything I think she's off the air. I haven't seen her show in a very long time. I used to love her!
I read she was cancer-free as of mid-2016 but I'm sure her style of cooking is probably not as popular these days. A lot of shows/blog posts are going in the direction of keto, paleo, vegan, and other clean eating methods. Cooking goes through phases just like anything else these days. I do have a big stash of her magazines, glad I held on to them.

Reactions: MrsSoup

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sandra Lee isn't on the air any longer. I also loved her magazine and have a few stashed away, too.

Reactions: PamelaG