Monday Menus 8.6.18

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What's cooking today friends?

We are having Grilled Pork Chops and Angel Hair with Olive Oil and Garlic sauce. I'll probably toss in some vegetables too, along with a salad.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm going to try the Creamy Chicken Bacon Ziti recipe and we'll have peas with it.

Reactions: teachermomof2

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I worked from 10:15 until 5:30 at the bakery today. My sciatic nerve was killing me. I ran by Popeye's chicken and picked something up. No dishes to wash! Yay!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Staff picnic today. Hamburger and chips. Salads were gone when I finally got things closed and arrived at the picnic.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Chicken wings on the grill and beans. I was going to make fried rice but Dh asked for baked beans.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Diedra, do you have a recipe for your fried rice? I've never made it, but love it and would like to give it a try.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Diedra, do you have a recipe for your fried rice? I've never made it, but love it and would like to give it a try.
I've found that the secret to fried rice, whatever recipe you use, is to make it in a big pan that gives you enough room to really toss it around. Get in there with two big spoons and keep it moving. It distributes the oil on the rice in the beginning, and the seasonings after that. If you don't keep it moving, you risk it burning or clumping.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think the key to making Fried Rice is to stir fry each item separately. At least this is the way I like it best. I really do not have a recipe but here is what I use as a base.

Scrambled eggs
Shredded carrots
Chopped Onions
Mushrooms
Red, yellow and orange peppers
Sometimes I use a package of frozen mixed veggies or a bag of frozen peas
I use any leftover veggies in the refrig. It's a good way to use them.
Stir fried broccoli is good in it too.
Celery is good but I'm the only one here who likes it.
Sometimes I add a can of water chestnuts and or bean sprouts. Fresh bean sprouts are better but I hardly ever see them at our stores.

After I've fried each one I toss in cooked rice and a can of sliced olives. Dump in the veggies and add soy sauce to taste. I add ginger but not everyone likes ginger. I buy ginger fresh or in a tube.

If I'm making a meal of it I fry ground beef with some beef bouillon.
Shrimp or chicken if good in it.

My friend's daughter use to go to a salad bar to buy a little of all the veggies. She said it was cheaper than buying a whole bag or can of each thing.

Reactions: missjane