HGP 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Socks - LOL to the planning to be done before you can start planning!!! :) Isn't that the truth?

My personal approach to things is that I input a brief entry for each HGP week on my Google Calendar. Primarily though, I work off of a Google Doc that I copied and pasted the various weekly tasks into - both cleaning and holiday prep. Over the years I have tweaked, added things, etc.

I just resave the doc from year to year and continue editing. That way I have a nice list of cleaning tasks tailored to my particular rooms. I use yellow highlight for things in progress, green for things that are done to help me keep track of where I am at...

upload_2018-8-14_8-2-3.png

Many of us swap out weeks on the plan for various reasons - no attic? extra week for XYZ! Each week we'll have a thread posted for the original plan's week assignment but we just shout out if we're focusing on something different instead.

I'm looking forward to getting started! :D

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I am ready also! It means fall and the holidays are almost here!
I actually don’t have most of the rooms in the plan so I have lots of flexibility in getting things done. I used to stress myself out getting stuff done on “the week” it is suggested in the plan until I (finally) realized that the HGP police were not coming to Check!
Make it work for you!! It’s a great plan!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am ready also! It means fall and the holidays are almost here!
I actually don’t have most of the rooms in the plan so I have lots of flexibility in getting things done. I used to stress myself out getting stuff done on “the week” it is suggested in the plan until I (finally) realized that the HGP police were not coming to Check!
Make it work for you!! It’s a great plan!

HA! The HGP police... aint that the truth! I've been there and done that.

Socks, I use HGP at times but HHP seems to work better for me in the long run. Some weeks I get things done, and other weeks, well, the job stays on my list to do for a while, a long while.

I have a hard copy of the plan in a binder. There are times when I just like sitting with a warm beverage and reading through the plan and not being at the computer. However, I do use Google Docs and Google Sheets for keeping track of things. It's nice when I can access it from my phone while at the store.

These forums have been a blessing over the years. I can write out my goals, go back to them during the week and share with others what's been happening. I've found that typing out things here has helped me to process this whole idea of organization and being ready for Christmas. It really helps knowing that others are in/have been in similar situations. It keeps me motivated on those days/weeks/months when life happens.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome Socks. I am sure that you will enjoy being a part of this group.
Nearly ready to go here too. Can't wait. Weather is warming up and I am keen to get started.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I think I am going to get a head start this Saturday! Doing all the windows is a big job and the last couple of years I've started doing them all at the beginning of the plan to get the worst over with - rather than waiting until I come to each room.

Going to review my weekly lists too and double check my supplies - forgot to do that before last shopping trip - ugh!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Yes, there is a Facebook page for the HGP. I am doing the GHP this year. Can't wait to start tomorrow. I didn't deep clean my house this summer (no air conditioning in our little house) so I didn't have much motivation. Looking forward to cooler weather and lots of cleaning.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, what a great idea to do the windows first. Makes me think about what I dislike doing and maybe doing that job first before I run out of steam.
Cleaning the oven is a big one so might schedule that early.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My plan is to rid myself of the clutter that seems to be multiplying over the past year.
Goal is to cut down to the basics as I work through the plan - toss it and simplify.

Looking forward to the strategic plan by room :)

Reactions: Miss JoDee

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
As DH is doing the bathroom renovation this year and will be doing dust everywhere I will do what I can but I don't want to do and redo so lots will be skipped. However, like HouseElf, I will be getting rid of clutter so it'll go quicker when comes the time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, a bathroom renovation is a nice improvement to undertake.
Lots of decluttering will happen here too, as I get older I crave simpler things.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
We just finished the bathroom, ugh! So glad it is done. I hate construction dust it gets everywhere. Good luck on your remodel! It is worth the aggravation. :) ;)

Reactions: luludou