Crafters Challenge August 19th-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning!

Last week seems to really have been a productive week for most!

I did the burp rags and washcloths.

Last night I did order some small thimbles and some 3" wooden embroidering hoops for an ornament I would like to do.

I am trying to place an order on Ebay for some LOL surprise doll fabric and another one but trying to figure out the difference in measurement. It is in Australia. Want to do a set of curtains for Teigans room from it and then ordering for her birthday. I was going to do a quilt for each years theme of her birthday and Jaymee don't need all the quilts (she told me back at year 1) so we decided to get themed material for each year and then eventually do one quilt from all. Will only be at 5. (in Jan.) Might embroidery the year then on the blocks---1, 2, etc. will see down the road.

Katrina, do you guys do width first then length?

I have the 7 shirts to hem for a friend that I should move on today.

What are your plans for the week?

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ That's a brilliant idea for a quilt. What themes do you have so far?

I want to finish at least one fleece blanket for Julia this week and get a start on the three Bindle Bags that DDs wanted.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still knitting. but updated my craft list... have lots on there!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Luludou same here knitting away and updating my crafting list. Just not my Christmas craft list but general craft list as well.

This week will be mainly knitting at least till Saturday. Oldest DD and her DH left for Chicago for a concert. DGS is spending weekend with his nana so DGS and will be dropped of here tomorrow for the week. Sewing room will be his bedroom.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, how does the fabric read. Normally we do say 25cm (width) by 1mt (length).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It says 50x145 cm so I am thinking it is 20 wide by 58 long?

Got the thread and have the shirts done. Also finished sewing a snap back onto Aunt Imogenes walker bag that I made her about 3 or 4 years ago. I brought it home and washed it in hot water with bleach and fixed it.

Wish I was sewing fun things!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love the quilt idea, that will be lovely!!!

Mainly focused on kit building this weekend - have the following project kits assembled and waiting to be started:

- Unicorn Softie
- Unicorn Ornament
- Watermelon Felt Food Slices

Also made a good start on embroidering pattern on burlap ribbon that I'll use in the bows on my burlap wreath projects. It's an easy thing to pick up and put down as needed so I'm trying not to be overwhelmed at how long it make take - I'll give it a few more sessions to see how quickly it starts to go.

I've found that projects always go slower at first, then I get the hang of it and can usually pick up the pace.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got the material for one of the projects for the 12 Days of Christmas. Reproduced 1930 prints.

Aunt Imogene has a pair of pants to hem.

I have 2 items of mine to fix. A pair of pants to take in and a shirt at Goodwill to put elastic in the cuffs. Somebody added a trim to it and won't go over the hands. Mine can't get over hers either.

Then want to trade the one hem out on Teigans dress.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to pick up some white felt for some ice-cream cones I need to make for dh's halloween costume. I will cut up the cones this weekend.
Picked up a cheap white t-shirt for a bubble-gum costume for me, got all the other items.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It says 50x145 cm so I am thinking it is 20 wide by 58 long?
Lana. I think what you have said would be correct.

I will be starting a few more projects this week. A snowman decoration and then some hearts all in felt. I have not really done a lot in felt so am interested in the outcome.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Quilting guild tonight.

Suppose to make fabric postcards--I got some pumpkin material.

We are to take quilts along if we want to show. Think I will take the one Aunt Millie gave me that she made in 1936. Last time down she brought it for me. Also one that my gma made that is a bow tie pattern in very small pieces hand sewn. Gmas need some repairs--I remeber it all my life.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana, I was just reading about fabric postcard. Would make interesting Christmas cards don't you think. Please let me know the ease or difficulty of making them.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Postcards were fun. First you sew with the material and piece of batting. You can sew around the design on the novelty fabric or just make any free motion sewing. Then take index card 4x6 and piece of white or beige backing and zig zag all around the edge about 1/4" in. trim the edges and then write on the back. 2 fabrics and batting are cut 4 1/2 x 6 1/2". Kinda cool. I have seen them on several blogs and craft sites. Write with markers. The machine I first used broke a needle. The older woman who used it before me had a time with it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I posted some new items on my blog and will show the pictures here, too …

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Juli in her Minnie Mouse shirt and hair clip ...

Sonja in her Peppa Pig shirt and Juli in her Minnie Mouse shirt.