HGP - Master Bedroom 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Master Bedroom Tasks:

[X] Dust ceiling fan
[X] Dust for cobwebs on walls, ceiling corners (as needed)
[X] Clean windows (Done during a previous week)
[X] Spot clean walls
[X] Clean out bedside drawer
[X] Clean up top of my dresser (all of DH's things!!! UGH!)
[ ] Sort/organize contents of dressers
[ ] Organize contents of jewelry armoire
[X] Dust
[X] Clean mirrors
[X] Wipe down fronts of all end tables, dressers
[X] Clorox the scale
[X] Vacuum - getting under dressers and end tables

Holiday Prep Tasks:

[/] Make two freezer meals or meal components - Got 4 batches of cookie dough made this weekend - still
finishing up the process of baking them and then freezing!

[ ] Buy extra grocery items from non-perishable part of Master Grocery List

[ ] Buy at least 1 stocking stuffer

[/] Craft Christmas Gifts

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My bedroom really needs this!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Finally ready to start on the grand plan although I am behind but wouldn’t take long to catch up as I have fewer rooms than listed.
Master bedroom will be this week and next for me. No weekend to do it as I have to do my renewal for Inst aid.

sock drawer
Sweater drawer
Bookcases
Computer desk
Files
Closet
Clean mirrors
Dust
Spot clean walls
Vacuum
Cedar chest—dust outside and tidy inside once I pull out the fall wall hanging and the table runners.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Master bedroom is in a few week for me. I follow the plan but swap the rooms around to suit our home.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am always a little surprised at how much stuff one man can put into a dresser drawer :eek:
Spent more time than I thought should be required finding matches to socks and trying to make sense on how the testosterone based life form in my home gets dressed in the morning based upon the items I did or did not find in his wardrobe!

Made progress on clothing front, made lists on what needs to be purchased and tossed more than a few items.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We are doing the master bedroom/bathroom later this week. DH and I took a couple days off from work so we are going to pull all the small stuff (declutter and purge as we go along) out and repaint both the master bedroom and bathroom. We have been in our house almost 4 years and never really did anything with our bedroom and bathroom so it will be nice to have all done before the holidays.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am always a little surprised at how much stuff one man can put into a dresser drawer :eek:
Spent more time than I thought should be required finding matches to socks and trying to make sense on how the testosterone based life form in my home gets dressed in the morning based upon the items I did or did not find in his wardrobe!

Made progress on clothing front, made lists on what needs to be purchased and tossed more than a few items.

We found that using the small laundry mesh bags they sell at the store for socks has really saved our sanity when it came to matching socks. Everyone in the house has 2 of these bags, one for white socks and for color. Socks come off and go right into the bag. On laundry day the bags get zipped up and tossed into the washer/dryer.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Washed the blankets (for both bedrooms) this weekend. Remade our bed with fall bedding set. Summer comforter is washed and dried, just need to transfer to storage bag and put away upstairs. I'm going to put some lavender essential oil on something and put that in with the bedding somehow. Just don't want to get the oil on the fabric. But that will make it smell super good when I get it out again in the spring!

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta I like the idea of 2 mesh bags for each person.
It made things so much easier for us as it greatly reduced the lost socks syndrome ;), no more matching up the wrong socks as my daughter and I at one time had similar looking socks.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, I too like the sock bag idea. Might consider that for DS who is constantly losing socks.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Minta, I agree about the sock bags. They wash and dry right in the mesh bags.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Got the master bed/bath painted last week and new curtains and shower curtains up. Got a few things up on the walls but still have a lot more to do. We have unexpected but welcomed company for the week so everything else has been put on hold.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, a new bathroom sounds wonderful. How exciting.