Fall 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yesterday morning, I had an early morning volleyball tournament to attend. The temperatures had dropped 30 degrees overnight so it seemed like the perfect time to have a pumpkin spice coffee to wake me up. Ahhh... fall is in the air.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
MUCH cooler here last few days as well! Broke out the jeans! :)

Ripped out the plants that were all scraggly on the deck - moved some things around that were still kicking and planted a bunch of mums. Have two new big pots on front porch filled with mums and marigolds!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought candy corn and autumn mix today at work. have lots of candy to get yet

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Been enjoying this cool weather. Now I'm headed to TX for the week and not looking forward to the humidity..wish me luck!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bought our Halloween candy, a pumpkin caramel chai latte, and we put pumpkins out on our steps.....it really feels like fall now :)

housewife2 - What is autumn mix?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Bought our Halloween candy, a pumpkin caramel chai latte, and we put pumpkins out on our steps.....it really feels like fall now :)

housewife2 - What is autumn mix?
I think it's candy corn, Indian corn, and those little pumpkins.

Attachments

• Autumn Mix.jpg
    Autumn Mix.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The nights are getting cooler here. I need a blanket now when I sit outside on the patio at night. :D The dying annuals were taken up from our flower garden. My daughters decorated the front porch, back patio, front hall and bathroom for fall. Oh, and we got candy corn to play "Fall Bingo." Years ago, I printed off fall bingo cards. I laminated them and the calling pieces. We use candy corn for the markers and then when we're done playing Bingo, we eat the candy corn.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's been hot here too. My dd's school told the parents to send the children to school this week in the summer gym uniform: shorts and short sleeve shirt. The nights are not fun with all the humidity.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yippee! Michael blew in here yesterday and today it was in the 50's and windy. I sat outside on our patio tonight with a warm drink and jacket. It was wonderful!:)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
We had our first real snow last night...Woke up to a couple inches and it was cold and wet enough to delay my husbands plane when he tried to leave town this am. I'm happy now. ;) I bought some autumn mix for my road trip last Monday. Just sounded fitting..lol

This weekend I was at a scrapbooking retreat and the theme was "croptoberfest". She had apple pie and hot cider in the crockpot all weekend and it was so yummy to have all the hot cider I wanted. It really made me realize Fall is here and was a great way to put me in the mood. Unfortunately I think the snow made the trees dump a ton of leaves, so now that I'm finally home to enjoy them I probably missed out. We'll still have some, but it won't be peak around town for sure.

I did get my Halloween & Autumn/Thanksgiving cards made this weekend as well. That was fun!