Wrapping Party 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Did my second Sunday morning wrap session! Set a timer and just did what I could - got two presents wrapped and 5 or 6 stocking stuffers done too. Better than nothing!
Baby Steps will get you to your goal.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Small steps are steps in the right direction.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished wrapping the sstuffers yesterday... and there is space left in the stocking. will have to find 1 or 2 more items.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, the good thing is you now have time to find those one or two things.

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yes! and I think I'll go get some hot sauce for ds or bbq rub and for dd some special mustard or something in that order - got a place not far from work

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yes! and I think I'll go get some hot sauce for ds or bbq rub and for dd some special mustard or something in that order - got a place not far from work
I find that mustards and sauces are a great filler. DH likes all sorts of sauces and chutneys. A great idea.

Reactions: Minta and luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I will not start wrapping until Nov and unfortunately I can't start wrapping the kid stuff until Dec. I am usually done buying for the kids by the start of Dec but since my dad and his wife are on a fixed income they will shop for the kids Christmas gifts out of the stuff we bought and pay us. Since I always get great deals on the stuff we buy they can get more for their money shopping through us instead of on their own.

I will be setting up several dates in Nov and Dec to wrap but the goal is to be done wrapping by Dec 19th.

I'm in a similar situation. If I can buy some gifts before Thanksgiving, then I will. Stocking stuffers are good things for me to work on now. I like to wrap as I buy when possible.

Last year, my in-laws asked me for gift ideas and I offered to do the shopping b/c I knew I could get some great prices. They gave me a set price and I worked with in the budget. They loved that idea. It worked out so nicely for all of us. I'll offer to do that again. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Today I will go to my mums and we will wrap the stocking fillers and pack the stockings (sacks for us). Gives us plenty of time to add more if needed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did another Sunday morning wrapping session - worked for about an hour again and got quite a few stocking stuffers wrapped. It's not a ton of progress but it is all going to add up!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have all the stocking wrapped. We did 14 stockings so took a while. I have a list for a few extra things needed and will get those over the next few weeks.
Glad to have that done.

AJ, glad that the Sunday sessions are working for you.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did another Sunday morning session - DH had taken DS out for a while so I wrapped presents for the little buy without having to worry he would spot me! Got several large things wrapped and a handful of small things - then all hidden in large black trash bag and tucked away in storage area.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ your are certainly moving along with the wrapping.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Another Sunday wrap session completed! Only wrapped 5 gifts but I'll take it! Every one done now is one less to stress over!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A reminder that there is another wrapping party scheduled for this Thursday 25th October. 2 months until Christmas !!!!!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Did another Sunday morning session - DH had taken DS out for a while so I wrapped presents for the little buy without having to worry he would spot me! Got several large things wrapped and a handful of small things - then all hidden in large black trash bag and tucked away in storage area.

I like the challenge of wrapping as many gifts in a short time while the kids are gone and then getting the wrapping, etc put away and hiding gifts before anyone gets back home. It sounds crazy but it's all part of that Christmas magic that I love.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I like a challenge.
When the kids were little I would speed wrap. I have more time now that they are out of the house for work etc.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't get to wrap like I thought I would. :( However, I have put it on the calendar for Monday so something will get wrapped, even if it is one stocking stuffer. ;)

Reactions: AuntJamelle