Crafters Challenge December 23rd-December 29th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am not crafting this week! I have gotten some new ideals for a few projects for next year from the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.

And has always I PLAN TO START EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then I say that with spring cleaning, etc etc...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have enjoyed seeing and hearing about all of your crafts! In fact lets do it again in 2019? Deal?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I doubt I'll get to anything this week unless it's towards the end of the week.
And I would love to do this again in 2019! I so enjoy seeing what everyone is doing. You motivate me, inspire me and have brought back some fond memories of doing things with my mom and grandma.
Merry Christmas to everyone! Have a safe and fun Christmas.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not crafting this week! I have gotten some new ideals for a few projects for next year from the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.

And has always I PLAN TO START EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then I say that with spring cleaning, etc etc...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have enjoyed seeing and hearing about all of your crafts! In fact lets do it again in 2019? Deal?

Lana, thank you for hosting such a wonderful thread through out the year. I love coming here and seeing what everyone is up to, getting inspiration and advice. I very much appreciate it. Looking forward to doing it all again.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I've enjoyed this crafting thread and appreciate all the work that goes into maintaining this forum. Thanks, Lana, for your weekly leadership!

I still have four pillow covers to try to get made for DD's dinette set. Her projects seem never-ending. We're headed home on Friday, so I hope I'll be able to get them done before we leave.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Was informed that DGD needs a new pillow case so will be adding that to my list for next year. Fabric store on Thursday is having a clearance sale on their Christmas fabric so will need to make sure I stop by after work to grab the fabric.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Merry Christmas Rose and to all my crafty friends.

Reactions: Rose94

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Time to start our lists for next year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've added some projects to my blog. Made some progress on the 4 pillow covers. Zippers are installed in the backs. I need to make piping and then cut the fronts and backs to size and assemble.

We've had most of our Christmas celebration between last night and this morning, so it's pretty quiet. DD's labor has started, but she's just resting on the couch at the moment. Contractions are light and erratic.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Merry Christmas, I have plans to do much more crafting in 2019.
DJ - praying for an easy and safe delivery for your DD.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got some wonderful crafting items for Christmas. Some stamps and stamp pads. Looking forward to using them in the new year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
All the craft that I did this year for gifts has been handed out and been well received. I tried a few new things this year. I worked with felt for the first time and I was pleased with the results, I have a few more felt ideas for next year.
I crocheted 8 or 9 blankets for charity, less than last year but I used up all the wool I had. I will need to buy more wool if I want to do more rugs next year.
When I get a quiet minute I am going to start a list for next year. I already have a few ideas and will need to check if I have the materials for those items. I need to make myself a new Santa sack as mine has just about had it, and I need to stitch a name for DD BF sack and also my brothers. I need to figure out designs for them.

It will be interesting to see what we all have planned

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
No crafting here this week either! But there will be plenty of brainstorming and searching Pinterest for next year's ideas!

DS really loved his felt campfire set I made him! That made me happy! I think all the things I crafted were well received - which is nice!

Right now my main research project is figuring out how to make one of those jumbo yarn chunky blankets - there seem to be multiple ways of doing it....not sure yet which route I'm going to go. DH asked for one and I'd like to get it done for his birthday at the end of April. :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

No Christmas baby. Valentine Hendrick was born on the 26th. He's such a cutie. They are coming home from the hospital tomorrow. I hope they get here before our ride picks us up for the airport.

I'm only doing some knitting in the few spare moments I find. I'm taking the latest pillow covers home to work on and can mail them back to DD.

It's nice to hear that our homemade gifts are graciously received! The socks I made for Iris fit her perfectly, so that is rewarding.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Is that name a family name? I like it. You will have to do Half Birthdays for him so he doesn't feel left out. I Aunt was born on the 26th. She said as a child she always felt cheated because people would give her one gift for her Christmas/Birthday. My son was born on the 31th so we did a half birthday celebration in the summer. Years ago I found out he was making his girl friends do a party for him after he was grown (or suppose to be grown). lol

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I stayed off this thread for the last several weeks because I didn't feel very crafty, and I was tired of feeling guilty because I have SO MANY ufo's. This week, though, I have made a list of things I want to make & finish this year. I still need to schedule them and get supplies bought now that I have gift cards for Michael's & Joann. So...deep breath...I am ready for a Happy Crafting 2019.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The fabric store here in town had a one day Boxing Day sale. I picked up some Christmas fabric I needed along with some flannel for a pair of pj’s for one of thee grandsons. I now have fabric for three Christmas projects.

Did a little cleaning up in the basement and found a couple projects. One was a bag with the supplies to decorate a small wreath and the other was a magazine with a partially finished cross stitch in it. They are both sitting on my craft/cutting table along with the supplies for my Christmas cards for next year. They have also added to my crafting list for next year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I asked DD about Valentin's name. She just said that they both loved it.

I'm probably taking 4 pillow covers home with me to finish up. Then I can mail them back to DD. I'll probably be returning in March anyway, but I'm sure she would like to have them before then.

We leave here about 1:40 tomorrow afternoon to catch our plane home. The other grandparents are arriving late tonight.

I've been putting together my UFO list and crafting schedule for 2019. I might have to re-evaluate what gifts to try to make for family birthdays; at least they are spread out a bit during the year: February (1); April (2); October (1); November (1); and December (1). What kind of throws me for a loop are Valentine's Day, Easter, and Mother's Day since I try to make greeting cards (usually CCS) for family and a few friends.