Crafters Challenge December 30th, 2018-January 5th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello, Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new year will be here with this weeks thread.

I have a few things I would like to get done by then.

They are:

Making the curtains for Teigans room here from the LOL fabric DONE 1-4-19

Then I have 3 or 4 (maybe more) pants to take in for Teigan. Needs a 5 length but can use a 4 (or 3 at times) in the waist.

Need to repair a few barbie clothes

Sew a ball onto her hat string that a boy at school pulled off

and will see about any other odd things before starting anew.

I received a couple items for Christmas that I would like to make next year. Got the garland on sale at Wal-Mart yesterday.

DD, congrats on the baby. Cute name.

Thank you for the Christmas cards and little extras.

Looking forward to our 2019 together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AuntJamelle

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I am looking forward to crafting 2019. It's time to order yarn for a baby blanket for dggd due in 3 weeks. While I wait for the yarn to arrive I will rip out the border of an afghan DD is making, and re-crochet the border.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of my crafting friends.
I have been doing a bit of mending of Christmas items before I pack them away for another year.
I have a load of Christmas crafts that I would like to do over January before starting on Christmas presents.
Have started a list in my planner, will post here when it is more complete.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I worked on my 2019 Christmas exchange card tuck-ins this morning and have them done. Still need to brainstorm the cards.

I have Valentin's name tag for his Christmas stocking ready to embroider.

There's quite a mess of things in the studio to be put away from what I took with me to Nebraska. I need/want to get that taken care of before tomorrow morning when a friend is coming for our play date, including crafting show-and-tell.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, it must have been the day for it, I was working on swap card inserts too.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Katrina ~ Working on Christmas projects after the holidays continues the after-glow for me; besides the obvious benefit of being that far ahead for the coming Christmas.

I also worked on my 2019 exchange Christmas cards yesterday. Once I get them done, I need to make sure I store them where I can find them at the end of the year. I'll probably make myself some kind of calendar note as to where they are. LOL

I have a play date scheduled with Kathy today, complete with craft show-and-tell, so I need to do some craftermath control before she gets here.

Last edited:

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Before I could order baby yarn I learned that new dgs's wife would like a Minnie Mouse baby blanket. I'll add fabric to my online order and get that done today. DD notified me that since I didn't get her afghan done and Christmas is past, there's no rush. Hah! That's at the top of this week's list!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I am not sure how much I will get done this week but... I would like to knit a UFO (an unfinished object) and embroidery a bit on my kitchen towel project.

I need to decide on projects for upcoming holidays and birthdays. That sounds like a good project for this afternoon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent yesterday cutting out pieces to applique on 3 Santa sacks and 2 calico bags. Will enjoy sitting and stitching over the next few weeks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As a Christmas gift to my mum I am going to do a series of holiday tea towels. Started yesterday on Australia Day and Halloween by ironing designs on teatowels. Will stitch them over the next few nights. Will also do Easter, Mother’s Day, and perhaps Valentine’s Day.. and then see what other holidays I need to do.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DJ wrote--"I also worked on my 2017 exchange Christmas cards yesterday."

Little behind are we? lol
Read my mind! LOL Thanks, I fixed it! And worked on more of them today.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Then I have 3 or 4 (maybe more) pants to take in for Teigan. Needs a 5 length but can use a 4 (or 3 at times) in the waist.
Lana are you able to open the waistband the pants and pull out/ or add elastic making button holes in the elastic then sewing a button on the waistband. I know that make some jean like that for dgds. I use to do it for my DS.

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Okay, the 2019 Christmas card fronts are done. I will add the greetings later. I also have two pillow covers done for DD's dinette chairs, and have stitched out (machine embroidery) one set of petals for an organza poinsettia.

Reactions: Pam Spaur

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well Kenny got home the second week of December and that was the end of anything I wanted to get done. He has been very mom lets do this or that this vacation. I can't wait 10 more days and he has to be back to school, so I can miss him again.

I have to start making a list for next Christmas and Birthdays, one of my nieces was yesterday she wanted a new fleece blanket so thats what I took to her. So working on list to start once Kenny is back in his dorm room in PA. on Jan 11th

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I scheduled my projects for January by weeks. Today DD and I will go to Michael's to spend our gift cards and buy yarn and crochet thread. I will order fleece, stamped pillowcases and embroidery floss. I will be crocheting lace for the pillowcases. Dgd bought me a child's metal lunchbox with Trix on one side and Lucky Charms on the other - that will be my WIP tote for pillowcases & lace.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the felt black cat softie for DS's birthday! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45660398155/in/dateposted-public/

Was nice to get that done!

And while this doesn't really count as a craft I had to share a pic of our finished gingerbread house project this year - mostly my efforts although DS did help some!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45660398015/in/dateposted-public/

This week I will be working on:

- Adding loop to stocking for my sister (found a stocking I embroidered for her years ago, just missing loop to hang)

- Embroidering my sister's BF's name on his new stocking I picked up

- Continuing to embroider burlap ribbon I started a while back (goal is to use it to make bow for burlap wreath that will now be a gift for NEXT Christmas, lol)

- Wash, dry and iron sheet sets I bought to embroider as gifts. Pick out pattern and draw onto sheets - at least one set of pillow cases to get me started if nothing else! I picked up a bunch of black embroidery floss

- Make two birthday cards for the twins end of January birthday

- Start working on DS "Happy Birthday" posterboard sign