Crafters Challenge January 6th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That chunky blanket looks wonderful. It will be interesting to see how you all do.
I worked on DD BF Santa sack for a while tonight, just have to finish stitching around the name.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, thank you, Mrs. Soup! I will look for the chunky yarn at Walmart this weekend!!!! So excited!

Stitched two more divider pages last night - I think the rest I will just draw on borders and write in quotes plus doing any other fun little decorative things I can think of.

I started writing some quotes on the tabs I was working on. Tonight is taekwondo again, so more embroidering on the pillowcase!

Picked up 3 sets of extra wide wooden clothespins yesterday - will decorate one side with paper and felt flowers and glue magnet to the other to make gift sets out of them!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Fate is telling me not to stop buying yarn.....a late Christmas present arrived last night...$25 gift certificate to the craft store :)

Those big chunky blankets looks so nice and cozy! When I knit my way through my stash I may have to give one a try too.

GrammaDeb - I thought I was the only one who'd put themselves to sleep knitting or crocheting. I change to crochet late at night so I don't accidentally fall asleep on sharp knitting needles!

Reactions: GrammaDeb

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Also glad to hear that I’m not the only one to fall asleep with knitting or crocheting in my hands.
Finished knitting a hat and switched over to a crochet hook for the next one. Have two one pound balls of yarn that is being turned into hats so I’m trying to come up with some variety. Have knitted hat 4 hats out of each ball so far and there’s lots left.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have never actually fallen asleep while knitting but it does make me sleepy. So relaxing.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I needed a clean tote for my white baby blanket. I saw one in my WIP stash, just needed the handles sewn on. I never bought the buttons to attach them, so I bought them yesterday. Sewed the buttons & straps on today. Voila! One project finished!

Reactions: Miss JoDee

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I love the lil twister patterns. So pretty on your bag!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh that bag is so pretty. What a great pattern.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
GrammaDeb that is beautiful!
I have finished 4 dishcloths this Week. 2 7 X 7, but found them a bit small, so did 2 10X10. All patterns seem to be 7 X 7.
I have another one to make Don't know what size I'll make them. Thinking an in-between might be good

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
GrammaDeb that is beautiful!
I have finished 4 dishcloths this Week. 2 7 X 7, but found them a bit small, so did 2 10X10. All patterns seem to be 7 X 7.
I have another one to make Don't know what size I'll make them. Thinking an in-between might be good
Lucie, I have 2 different sizes in dish cloths that I like, one is 8x8 and the other is 9x9. Ddil made some from leftover yarn and some are pretty small and not favorites. I need to teach myself

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Here's a picture of my hand knit blanket so far. I didn't watch far enough into the video and just kept knitting thinking I remembered from watching the video once a while back and knit the entire skein into one row. I realized that was not right and ended up having to go back and rip out half of it once I decided how long I wanted it to be. I decided to make mine 6 feet long. I got about 3 rows I think out of one skein of the yarn. I'm to the point now where I have to join another skein so I took a break. It's really very easy once you get started to do the hand knitting though. It's basically just making loops and continuing on and then changing direction once you get to the end of a row.

Attachments

• 20190111_110614[14998](2).jpg
    20190111_110614[14998](2).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 10

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
That is going to be really pretty Jess, love the color.

Reactions: MrsSoup

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess. great colour, that blanket is going to great.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
GrandmaDeb- I've fallen asleep several times in bed with a cup of hot tea! It's nice though that you have something that makes you so relaxed. I love that bag. The twister pattern and the buttons make it sharp.

Jess- that yarn looks so warm and soft. I could see something like that on my bed. So pretty.

I finished half of my ornament jackets and ran out of thread. I haven't been able to find the big spools so will have to order one unless they have them at the sewing machine shop. In the meantime I started my tea towels. I should finish those tomorrow. Then I have to clean my house and take down the last tree.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I managed to get through most of my craft and sewing stuff from the sewing/craft room that I am waiting for DH to paint. If he doesn't start by Monday I will go in and do the trim. at least. Maybe it will inspire him.

I have to sort the my UFO's that is about all I have left to sort out. Sure will be glad to put that room back together so I can start working on projects.