Valentine's week 10th-16th February

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
February is in full swing, getting cooler here. What have we got on the to do list?

*make work lunches for Monday (x) Tuesday (x)
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors ( )
*shave legs, (x) wash hair (X)
*celebrate Valentine's Day (X)
*write grocery list (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Wednesday(X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*grocery shopping Thursday (X) and stayed under budget!!!
*be aware of water intake (X)
*keep on top of daily routine (X )
*start/continue/finish one craft project (/ ) pulled a lot apart and will start again, not happy with it.
*start/continue/finish one book (/ )
*update planner/gift closet (X)
*lunch with friends Friday (X)
*deep clean linen cupboard(X)
*line dresser drawers ( )
*deep clean bedside drawers (X)
*make menu plan/use it up (X)
*start DrillDance coaching modules ( )
*bake brownies (X)
*bake passionfruit slice(X)
*fill up with petrol (X)

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I want to get the following done this week:

Household
  • Plan Menu Done
  • Shop for Groceries Done
  • Clean Bathrooms Done
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor
  • 15 mins. of daily decluttering in basement In progress
  • Cleaning Grand Plan - Bedroom Room: Organize corner of bedroom Done;dust & vacuum Done
  • FlyLady - Bathroom Done and Office Missions:
  • Declutter for 15 mins. in office; Done
  • make list of bathroom/cough/cold products that are needed; Done
  • Write out Bills
  • Lesson Plan Done
  • Valentine’s Day Prep: cards, dessert, defrost meal
  • After Valentine’s Day, take down the evergreens, holly and white lights left up from Christmas.
  • Paper Shredding Done

Personal
  • Write Biography In progress
  • Exercise (5 days)
  • Vitamins (5 days)
  • Drink plenty of water daily In progress

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, another interesting list for this week. I love that fact that you still have the evergreens and lights up from Christmas. Your home must be so cozy.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Let's see:

Appointments:
[X] Chiropractor
[X] [X] PT
[X] Mentor Call
[Not going] Spouses Club Board Meeting- Decided to stay home and study
[X] Praxis Core Test

Chores:
[X] Run Alice
[X] Laundry
[X] Meal Plan
[X] Commissary
[ ] Top drawer of filing cabinet
[X] Take load to Thrift Store
[ ] Call maintenance about cleaning ducts
[X] Return library books- get another Blind Date with a Book

School:
[X] Continue studying for Praxis until test day
[ ] Complete Units 4, 5, 6

Health
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Workout (starting new program) **Haven't been cleared by PT to workout**
[/] [/] [/] [] [/] [/] [] Water

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, you always have amazing lists, you certainly are a busy girl.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, another interesting list for this week. I love that fact that you still have the evergreens and lights up from Christmas. Your home must be so cozy.

Yes, it has helped when the days have been dreary which seems more often than I remember in the past. We've been getting so much rain since last July. We've had some snow but often the warm air wins the battle and we get rain instead. I think keeping some of the decorations up longer has helped, in addition to the list making, with the post Christmas blues. I wasn't ready to put them all away at the beginning of January and end the Christmas season. I'm getting to the point where I am ready.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I suffered horribly with the post Christmas blues over New Years, it was really bad. Part of me suffering from anxiety. Writing goals and lists and working through them has really helped me. If I lived in a cold climate I think I would keep lights and snowflakes up too. Sorry it has been so rainy, rain can be depressing after a while.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've bought some fairy lights last year and they have stayed out on the mantel all year. This year I Added another set of fairy lights in the armoire to stay up all year too. :) So cosy at night.
My to-do list is on my blog.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that does sound cosy. This house is a bit open plan. I would like to find ways to make it feel cosier.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Overall, this was a good week. There are a few things that I didn't get to this week. They will be on my list for the upcoming week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Me too Mary, overall I did quite well but there will be some things that I don't get to and that is fine. I consider these lists as a gentle reminder of what needs doing but won't beat myself up if they don't get done.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Me too Mary, overall I did quite well but there will be some things that I don't get to and that is fine. I consider these lists as a gentle reminder of what needs doing but won't beat myself up if they don't get done.

Yes! Are you feeling like these lists are freeing up brain space? I am. I'm feeling more at peace too. I don't feel like I am trying to always recall what I was going to do next. I definitely like the difference in myself and in my home that I am seeing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, that is exactly right. I don't know what has changed for me this year but I am pleased with whatever it is.
Just by making a list everything seems to be going smoother.
Little reminders like keep up the water intake and follow daily routine have made a difference. For example my daily routine this year is to moisturise my face morning and night, apply lip balm and hand cream before bed. My skin is feeling the best it has been for years, my lips are not cracked.
I wake up knowing what I am going to do each day and as a result the house seems to be running smoother.
Hopefully the momentum will last and the year will be a lovely organised one.
Glad that you are along for the ride.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I agree! I feel more "put together" when I have a list made for the day/week and can visually see what I want/need to get done. I often add to it as I think of things. I love the feeling of crossing things off as well. And like Mary said, it frees up space in my brain to remember other things since I can reference my list as to what needs to be done.

I need to put a sticky note in my bathroom, on my side of the mirror maybe, to remind me to complete my nighttime routine. I'm often tired and get lazy so skip some things at night. I am pretty good about the morning but need to be more vigilant at night. My skin is getting better and I can see a difference, but I think about the difference I would see if I followed through every night as well.

You will notice that I keep putting "workout" on my list, but it's not really being crossed off. The PT hasn't yet cleared me. :( I thought I was going to start this past week and it just didn't happen. My ankle has been hurting more and i'm wondering if I haven't torn something. I may decide to at least try doing something anyway and see how it goes now that the stress of testing is done. I, personally, hate when there are things left on my list. haha

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
LOL Jess, funny about adding things to the list that don't get done. I keep adding my DrillDance coaching modules that I need to study for...I just don't have the inclination so they get put over to the new week. One day I will tick them off the list.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul