Crafters Challenge March 10th-16th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got my supplies for my CIJ ornaments yesterday. Will pull everything together in a kit and pack it up to take to DB's house when I go to help him. I not sure what else I will take with me. Maybe some fabric to cut out the pillowcases I plan to make for Christmas gifts. I will need to find some Nutcracker and ballet themed fabric for the Dgds.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I got fabric in the mail from DD to make stuffed letters for Julia's name, more fabric for a stuffed owl mobile for Valentin, and some fur fabric to make a pillow cover for Julia. The fur is very long and does not look like it will be a fun project.

I'll keep at my CCS projects and some knitting.

DD and DGDs are coming tomorrow from Alaska, so they will keep me busy.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Yep once again same list with a couple more things added on but I am doing laundry and going to try and finish up a few things today.

Makayla's blanket
/(Just need to locate the faces so I can get them on now)Next years grinch ornaments
make up brush holder for Makayla
:)Home bottles
/Laundry room wreath
Daddy's little Princess shirt
:):)Easter wreath
Easter centerpiece
Moms favorite shirts x4 for kids for Easter
Girls Easter baskets x4
Boys Easter baskets x3
Easter shirt for Emma
Kali's name on the back of a bag my mom picked up for her
:)Welcome sign I started months ago
Emmas name on a bag and also on a dog I picked up for her
coasters for me

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Greetings!

I got fabric in the mail from DD to make stuffed letters for Julia's name, more fabric for a stuffed owl mobile for Valentin, and some fur fabric to make a pillow cover for Julia. The fur is very long and does not look like it will be a fun project.
Is the fur long enough to part and tape down with painters tape to make sewing easier?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A busy week for me away from crafting.
Would like to get a few more rows on the crocheted blanket done. It is for a donation so am in no rush for that, just like having a project that I can pick up and work on quickly.
Will try and work on the teatowels, I have a few still to do but once again not in a tearing rush as they are for Christmas. Would like to have them done by the end of the month.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
There's lots of knitting and crocheting going on! Deb, the baby blanket is adorable.

We're working here on a Hufflepuff Robe for Iris. We made a scarf for her yesterday, and I got the pieces cut out for the robe today; so I'm anxious to start sewing on it. We might not be home much tomorrow, so I could do some knitting while travelling.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, that baby blanket is amazing. Beautiful work.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished 2 more teatowels yesterday, 2 more to do from this batch and then I will decide if I want to do more. I think I will buy an Easter one as I saw some great ones at at shop at the mall. I will wait until after Easter when it might be reduced in price.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I started crocheting a baby hat to go with the baby blanket. After half a dozen false starts I had to accept that my pattern won't work with this yarn, so I'm making up a pattern as I go. I hope it works up quickly so I can get the hat & blanket in the mail.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Working away a re quilting my quilt. Over half way done. It won't surprise anyone that I am almost out of thread! What is it with me and thread?! I'll have to order online again. In my defense I would have had plenty if i didn't start over again. I have plenty of other projects once I run out to keep me busy.
I went to a charity craft sale this morning. They had all kinds of craft supplies for decent prices. I bought st Patrick day themed fabric for another vest, for next year. I had to use a lot of restraint not to buy.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We got the Hufflepuff Robe finished in plenty of time for Iris to wear it around and be able to take it home with her. We also made a couple of scrap-filled pillowcases for pet beds that Iris and DH took to the animal shelter this morning. They are outside playing with Sonja and trying to wear her down for a good nap. They leave for the airport right after dinner. We will miss them!

I'll be back to my regular crafting escapades next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have one more teatowel to stitch. Need to sew some braid on the spring one as it is a bit plain.
Will then have a look and decide if I want to do a few more, the hardest part is finding the nice teatowels.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ. Can’t wait to see pictures of the robe.
Katrina sounds like you are making great progress on those towels.

Got the yoke for the sweater finished and the seams that I sewn up and had to undo because I sew the wrong seams together have been redone. Upon reading the finishing instructions the pieces once the raglan seams were sewn up the pieces are to be seam press blocked than sewn up. So they have been steam blocked and drying.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I took the baby hat apart another half a dozen times, but I think I'm finally happy with it. It's full steam ahead now!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, great when you finally make progress on a project.
Finished stitching the teatowels and added decorative braid to 3 of them. I hope mum likes them.
Will look at the huge to do list and pick something else to start.