Hello everyone!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hi to all,

Special thank you to Minta and Lucie for helping me get back here, I have been trying to post for a while, but was having no luck and then life got busy, you know how it is.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and Happy New Year. We are knee deep in winter here and it has been crazy cold.

Here is a recap of what I have been up to the last little while....

School didn't work out for Kelsey in Edmonton, so we returned to Lethbridge. I finished my last bit of school and practicum and graduated with honours in August. Two weeks later I had two job offers and accepted a full time position as a medical receptionist at a very busy diagnostic imaging clinic in Lethbridge. I have been there almost 7 months and love it. I really enjoy the work, my co-workers are wonderful and the owner's of the clinic treat their staff very well. Had some dealings with the ex, but not going to dwell on it, so glad that chapter of my life is over. It is scary how evil and abusive he is and how disturbed and distorted his thinking is. It is beyond my comprehension how someone can do and say the things he does and thinks it is normal and acceptable.. I guess that is what having untreated mental illness does to you.

Kelsey enrolled at the University of Lethbridge for the Fall 2018 and made the dean's list for the first term. She is doing so well and works really hard. She also works part time and is always busy. We moved to the city in January of this year and I hate it, so......

I bought a house!!!!

I wasn't planning on ever buying anything, I figured I would just rent for the rest of my days, but I stumbled across a property that had everything I could want in a house and went for it. I have never owned a home by myself, so this is quite an accomplishment. My bank didn't bat an eye when it came to giving me a mortgage and the entire process has been smooth sailing. We are just working on the last of the details/paperwork and possession date is May 10. The house is located in Raymond where I have lived on and off for a long time. It is a nice little town and I always liked living there, I am not a city girl.

How's that for a 50th birthday present to myself? I turn the the big 5-0 in June - so exciting!!

Miss Ruby is going to love the big, fenced yard, she turned 3 in January and has as much attitude as ever. She hasn't had anymore seizures since she was diagnosed with epilepsy last May and started taking medication.

So, that is what is going on in my part of the world. So glad to be back.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well hello to you. May I just say I am so happy to see you back and to hear all of your amazing news. To say you were missed does not cover it at all.
Many, many congratulations on all that you and Kelsey have achieved, none of it really surprises me as I know that you are both determined and really don't let much stand in your way.
Glad to hear that Miss Ruby is well, shocked to hear that she is 3, really where does the time go.

Just so happy to have you home XOXO

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Mel - so glad that you are back with us! All have missed you and I know we are all glad that things are working out well for you and Kelsey and Miss Ruby.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome back, Mel! I'm back after a bit of a break that involved buying a house as well so I know the feeling. Congratulations to you and Kelsey and looking forward to keeping in touch here on the forums.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Welcome back MEL!!! You have been one busy woman! You done so much with your life. I know you are proud of your accomplishments!!! Say hello to Kelsey!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
So happy to see you back! You were definitely missed. Wow, so many great things happening for you, Kelsey and Ruby! Congratulations on the new house and the new job and degree!! I'm glad that Kelsey is settled into her new school and doing fantastic. Miss Ruby sounds like she is doing excellent as well. I can't wait to hear more from you now that you are back with us!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
So happy to see you back! You were definitely missed. Wow, so many great things happening for you, Kelsey and Ruby! Congratulations on the new house and the new job and degree!! I'm glad that Kelsey is settled into her new school and doing fantastic. Miss Ruby sounds like she is doing excellent as well. I can't wait to hear more from you now that you are back with us!!

Thank you!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Welcome back, Mel! It so good to see you here again. You sound like you are in a good place right now. I'm happy for you. :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome back, Mel. I'm so glad to hear that you, Ruby, and Kelsey are doing so well!