Crafters Challenge May 5th-11th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome My Crafting Friends!!!!

I just ordered 8 patterns for Christmas ornaments this a.m.. Might be changing up my CIJ ornaments.

Rose, that cabinet is to good a deal to be true. I have seen them from 1000.00 up to almost 3000.00. They would sell the heck out of them if they would drop the prices.

Alot of you made continuing progress on your crafting-------WTG!

We are to get about 2 rain free days and then rain from Tues. thru Friday. Saying another 4" Have had over 7 now.
Have to get outside today and do alittle.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I will be outside quite a bit the next few days also. We bought hundreds of dollars worth of annuals and have about half of them planted so far. Maybe I will even have a chance to sit on the deck and work on some knitting and/or CCS!

I'll be leaving for a Tease & Squeeze in Nebraska on Friday, so I need to finish the quilt for Valentin before I leave. I'm nearing the finish line, so I will get there. Also, it would be great to finish the letters for Julia, but if I don't, I will take them to finish there. The owls for Valentin could be sewn before I leave, if I have time, and finished up with stuffing when I get there.

I also need to plan what other crafts I want to take to work on and be sure I have everything I need.

Happy crafting!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome to a new crafting week. Over the weekend I worked on the ornaments that I am planning to give to my work folk for Christmas. I have one snowman to finish off and then I am done. I will have 5 snowmen and 4 fabric covered stars for in the gift closet, and still have some felt left over if I need to make a few more snowmen. I might end up making a few more just to have on hand.
Will be good to have that done and then to move on to a fabric covered journal for my mum.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knitting lady was not available today so knitted socks will wait awhile longer. Anyways no crafting but looking at some tutorials for sketching, watercolors and mixed media.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ I am waiting for my landscaper to come home to get my flowers planted.

I ended up calling into work today since I worked all weekend to have the next two days off. Need to drive to Philly and back tomorrow to pick my boy up for summer. His last test will be done about 2:30 then we can drive the 5 1/2 hours back home. I can't wait since he is doing my landscaping for mothers day. My mom can't wait so he can get her mulch out of the shed for her. She buys by the truck load so has some left from last year.

Trying to get some things done today, including picking up landscaping bricks so Kenny can start digging up and replace this week.

:)New spring wreath time to take the bunny off the door
/epoxy my cup
decal on my cup
:):)Paint clay pots for garden mushrooms (just need to paint circles on them and done)
\farm animal signs
/porch welcome stand (need to paint, put hook on and make welcome sign)
Shelf for Kayla's bathroom she needs something to put all her stuff on and I have to wood so just going to make it instead of buying one, that way I can put hooks on to put her hair crap on

Ok heading back outside to get things done out there

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Anyone else having trouble with pinterest? Can't save anything anymore and can't access my boards. I see about 30 things and then I have to refresh page to see more :(

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Anyone else having trouble with pinterest? Can't save anything anymore and can't access my boards. I see about 30 things and then I have to refresh page to see more :(
I was on Pinterest last night and had no problems. I hope it stays that way too.
Hopefully just a glitch Lucie and you are back to normal soon.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've had some problems too Lucie.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm pleased to report that Valentin's quilt is finished, including a label. The letters for Julia's name are in progress, but I need to get a new hot glue gun to finish them. Mine isn't getting hot enough. Got the Mother's Day cards finished and ready to mail and made more progress on a CCS chart for a wedding card.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished ornaments for work so I am pleased with that. Have cut out some white felt hearts and will decorate with green felt holly leaves and red beads for the berries. Not on my original list but some thing that I can work on and add to the gift closet for those last minute things.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Finished ornaments for work so I am pleased with that. Have cut out some white felt hearts and will decorate with green felt holly leaves and red beads for the berries. Not on my original list but some thing that I can work on and add to the gift closet for those last minute things.

I love the sound of these hearts, can you post a photo?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My goal for this week is to finish my flawed sweater. I've decided not to take it back because I don't think it will ever get finished. The mistake is on the back, and my hair will probably cover it. It will always stand out to me, but I don't anyone else will notice it.

I'd also like to find some patterns for DD6 for Christmas. She's really into old-school glamour and everything being very girly. She's the type of kid who goes to bed with her hair in curlers and a night mask on. Someone complimented her on her outfit today, and she slid her over-sized sunglasses down on her nose, looked her in the eyes and said, "You know, my life can never be perfect, but my outfit can." I don't know where she heard that, but the woman started laughing.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
My goal for this week is to finish my flawed sweater. I've decided not to take it back because I don't think it will ever get finished. The mistake is on the back, and my hair will probably cover it. It will always stand out to me, but I don't anyone else will notice it.

I'd also like to find some patterns for DD6 for Christmas. She's really into old-school glamour and everything being very girly. She's the type of kid who goes to bed with her hair in curlers and a night mask on. Someone complimented her on her outfit today, and she slid her over-sized sunglasses down on her nose, looked her in the eyes and said, "You know, my life can never be perfect, but my outfit can." I don't know where she heard that, but the woman started laughing.

I LOVE it! If you could have snapped a photo of her at that moment and added a mat with her response in a fun font, that would make a cute gift.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
FS - that is so cute and funny!

I crocheted a smaller angel wing this Morning, wanted to see the difference between the 2 sizes for ornamens, will stick with the biggest one.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My goal for this week is to finish my flawed sweater.
I can see flawed sweaters becoming an upcoming fad. People would pay big money for one. Like holes in jeans. Flawed Sweater sounds really cool. It would be a puzzle like Where's Waldo but find the flaw.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
FrostyShimmer that is too cute and so something my 19 yr old would say. She was getting ready for work called her brother in her room just to say doesn't my outfit look great.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS, that is the cutest thing. What sort of items are you contemplating making for DD6?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia