Crafters Challenge May 5th-11th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela. This is the heart I am going to make, will use red beads in place of the red felt dots

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Pamela G - She's always coming out with things like that.....you've given me the idea to put her picture in a frame with some of her quotes around it.

Ahoursesoul - Now there's a thought! Distressed sweaters....I could see that working with a few dropped stitches making a run in the front.

sweetpumpkinpye - I'm not sure...I'm trying to think of really girly things....maybe a pillow with pink fur around the edges, a cosmetic bag.....maybe some really poofy boot toppers... I love those hearts with the holly on them you made!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
FS and Kim ~ Cute girly stories! FS ~ Is DD6 6 years old for #6? My 3 year old DGD wanted to put the “flower dress” on that I made her and go out and water the iris in their garden.

Katrina ~ The hearts are going to be wonderful. I think my DD would love those, too.

Yesterday I finished the last letter for J-U-L-I-A, cut and sewed the strata strips for the table topper, and knit a few rows on the afghan. Although my time is very limited today, I hope to be able to get the stratas sub-cut into wedges. Leaving for NE tomorrow a.m.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome My Crafting Friends!!!!

I just ordered 8 patterns for Christmas ornaments this a.m.. Might be changing up my CIJ ornaments.

Rose, that cabinet is to good a deal to be true. I have seen them from 1000.00 up to almost 3000.00. They would sell the heck out of them if they would drop the prices.

Alot of you made continuing progress on your crafting-------WTG!

We are to get about 2 rain free days and then rain from Tues. thru Friday. Saying another 4" Have had over 7 now.
Have to get outside today and do alittle.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you order your patterns?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Gorgeous!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Greetings!

I will be outside quite a bit the next few days also. We bought hundreds of dollars worth of annuals and have about half of them planted so far. Maybe I will even have a chance to sit on the deck and work on some knitting and/or CCS!

I'll be leaving for a Tease & Squeeze in Nebraska on Friday, so I need to finish the quilt for Valentin before I leave. I'm nearing the finish line, so I will get there. Also, it would be great to finish the letters for Julia, but if I don't, I will take them to finish there. The owls for Valentin could be sewn before I leave, if I have time, and finished up with stuffing when I get there.

I also need to plan what other crafts I want to take to work on and be sure I have everything I need.

Happy crafting!
Tease & Squeeze?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
FS and Kim ~ Cute girly stories! FS ~ Is DD6 6 years old for #6? My 3 year old DGD wanted to put the “flower dress” on that I made her and go out and water the iris in their garden.

DD6 for six years old.....just turned six. I took her into a beauty supply store for the first time a few weeks ago and she literally burst into happy tears. I got her a few things like a face-cleansing brush, a new eyemask, nail buffer etc. She's so into the beauty stuff, but I'm doing what I can to keep it natural and "pretty."

So cute your DGD3 wanted to wear her flower dress to water the flowers. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gorgeous!
We will see what the finished product looks like. Often my inspiration and my talent are poles apart. Will post photos when finished

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
sweetpumpkinpye - I'm not sure...I'm trying to think of really girly things....maybe a pillow with pink fur around the edges, a cosmetic bag.....maybe some really poofy boot toppers... I love those hearts with the holly on them you made!

I have not finished the hearts yet but will post a photo of the finished product.

I love the idea of making DD6 a few girly things. Maybe you could do something like a small scrapbook with some of her wonderful sayings in it, a few photos and your thoughts of her as a 6 year old.
I think the fluffy pillow sounds wonderful.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that is good news. Good to have a list of things to do over Summer

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve been loving everyone’s posts. Sounds like everyone has been busy crafting.
Little ones can sure come up with the funniest comments. Makes me remember when my husband did children’s church, you never knew what they would say lol.
I’ve started my quilt. It’s cut out except for the borders and binding. I will start the embroidery nutcrackers tomorrow.
I found some pretty outdoor fabric at Joanne’s this week. I’ve never liked the color of the pillows for our outdoor furniture. Not sure why I never thought to recover them in 12 years but that’s what I’m going to do. I don’t leave them out because of the neighbors cats so the lighter color shouldn’t be a issue.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

The little felt hearts with beads instead of felt.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Beautiful! Love the beads for the berries.