May 2019 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
It's time for the three-day warning for this month's Rudolph Day. housewife2 is our movie hostess this month with Home Alone 2. Grab your copy, your planner, your gift closet inventory, your recipes and crafts to try, and whatever other Christmas-y activities you have and let us know here how you spent the day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to May's Rudy day. I will be at the farm for the actual day but there is a long weekend here and I am sure to get some planner updating done. Would like to talk to DH to see if he has ideas for his big gift.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm thinking about giving a home made spice mix for Christmas gifts to the teachers. I will do a little research on it and make a decision if I want to go this route or not.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm thinking about giving a home made spice mix for Christmas gifts to the teachers. I will do a little research on it and make a decision if I want to go this route or not.
Mary, as a a teacher, I think that's a great gift for a teacher! Hope you find something you want to use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH came home from the hardware shop with a gift that he has grabbed to put away for Christmas, work lights. Will still need to come up with a surprise for him.

Did not do to much for Rudy day, thought of a few more things and made a few lists in the planner. Hard to believe that we are almost halfway through the year and will need to keep progressing to get everything I want to do done.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, as a a teacher, I think that's a great gift for a teacher! Hope you find something you want to use.

I make my own taco seasoning mix which we got through often. I thought about that as a gift. Then there is a pizza seasoning mix which I saw. I need to compare those ingredients to my Italian Good Seasoning mix that I make and then try it out if it seems different. I also thought about making up batches of Hershey's hot cocoa mix where you just add the chocolate to warmed milk. Again this is something that we make and use at home.

Are there any that stand out to you?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I think any of those suggestions for the teachers gifts would be well received. I love the idea of the hot chocolate mix.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
That's a great idea - everyone loves a spice mix, especially if it's one that can be used for different recipes. There are so many cute containers out there - bags, jars, tins - lots of possibilities.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I can't wait to get back to a regular Rudolph Day celebration. With working, if the 25th falls on a weekday, I'll just move it to the following Saturday so that I can have a whole day to try new recipes, new craft ideas, work on organizing my Christmas stash, keep my planner and gift closet up to date, and start a new Christmas book that will take me through the month. I'm going to watch movies, listen to Christmas music, and drink hot chocolate all day!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia