June 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was all set to respond in the May 2019 thread when I realized that today is June 1st.

After sitting in a corner of my basement for almost 2 months, 3 grocery bags of books and 2 grocery bags of CDs have finally been taken to the book donation center. :)

Anyone have a particular declutter goal for June? I will work on the digital declutter when it's raining or too hot to do outdoor work.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm packing and addressing boxes of genealogy material to send to my brother. I'm working on the third box right now. Very heavy stuff. lol

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have my new bed coming tomorrow. I worked on cleaning out my room until a friend showed up with a picket fence section that I am making a head board for Makayla. So I started working on that. I plan on trying to get my room finished tonight or by morning at the latest. Then I will move on to Makayla's room to get that cleaned out

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Decluttered in the bedroom, bagged up books that I already read and don't want to keep and will pass them off to others in the family who like to read. Hopefully they will keep getting passed around. Also cleaned out my jewelry box and got rid of older cheap earrings that I no longer wear. Bagged up another bag of clothes that I no longer wear to be donated.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Minta
You are doing great. I need to be outside to cull the weeds but hope to get to Master Bedroom by July. We have a trip to MI and NE planned this month. We also need to visit DD and Dsil in MN at some point. Retirement is so busy...lol

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta
You are doing great. I need to be outside to cull the weeds but hope to get to Master Bedroom by July. We have a trip to MI and NE planned this month. We also need to visit DD and Dsil in MN at some point. Retirement is so busy...lol

Thanks, I feel like as soon as I declutter an area it doesn't take long to get cluttered again. It's like a never ending battle especially with the kids bedroom. Sometime this summer are tackling both kids bedrooms and doing a major purge and declutter.

Have fun on your trips and safe travels!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a few little hot spots to do. Craft cupboard is always needing attention as well as the plastics cupboard which drives me mad.
Would like to tidy and double check linens.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, I feel like as soon as I declutter an area it doesn't take long to get cluttered again. It's like a never ending battle especially with the kids bedroom. Sometime this summer are tackling both kids bedrooms and doing a major purge and declutter.

Oh, Minta, I know what you mean. Last summer, my children decluttered their rooms with my help. Here we are this summer and we are doing room changes. In the last four days, we have three trash cans filled broken items and unrepairable clothing. Our recycling bin is beyond overflowing with old test papers and shoe boxes. Where does this stuff come from?

Yesterday, dh dropped off two dehumidifiers, two old cell phones, a bunch of cell phone batteries and one sump pump battery to the haulers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, thankfully you did the kids rooms last Summer. Imaging what they would be like if you did not do them once a year!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DS stop in last night bring supper from Chick-fil-a with him. He helped DH out by cleaning the gutter of all the thousands of maple leaves that fell into the this spring. He also went through boxes of his stuff that DH packed up from his room that he left behind when he moved out. Some he took with him and some he stored in the garage loft. It is no longer sitting in the living room which makes Mum happy.:)

I need to get the house appraised but really need to have the decor down to basic. I am realizing how much work that will be. Hoping to know by August 1st, taking the month of July to prepare for it.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm in declutter mode. I went through a pile of school stuff in the attic and threw out 4 bags of garbage and numerous boxes of stuff. H took it down to the garage for me and will burn what is able to be burned and we will pitch the rest. Winning!

Reactions: missjane

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
bagged up books that I already read and don't want to keep and will pass them off to others in the family who like to read.

Minta, I don't know whether or not you do this, but when we pass books around, we put our initials on the inside cover so if it comes back around to us, we'll know if we've already read it. Over time, you may forget. You can use a sticky note if you don't want to write on the book.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, I don't know whether or not you do this, but when we pass books around, we put our initials on the inside cover so if it comes back around to us, we'll know if we've already read it. Over time, you may forget. You can use a sticky note if you don't want to write on the book.
That's a great idea however not many in my family read so once I pass them off I know I will not get them back. My dad and his wife live in a senior apt building so if she cant pass them along to anyone else she will leave in the lobby for the other residence to enjoy.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have posted this before but worthwhile posting again.
Years ago my boss did a book exchange for Christmas instead of buying gifts. All of her friends wrapped up books and the drew a number and all got to take a new to them book home.
I have always thought that this was a great idea.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have posted this before but worthwhile posting again.
Years ago my boss did a book exchange for Christmas instead of buying gifts. All of her friends wrapped up books and the drew a number and all got to take a new to them book home.
I have always thought that this was a great idea.

Katrina, I love this! Our Woman's Club group is always trying to think of gift exchanges! That would be different and fun. TFS!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
One icky wall to wall bedroom carpet is out the door yesterday. The exposed hardwood floor is a mess with paint. I have a feeling previous owners were planning to put down carpet and let children paint their room. I am ache from the waist down due to crawling around pulling staples and initial cleaning of the floor. I came up with a solution I hope. Will try to post pictures when done. (Ah guess I forgot to click on post reply)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul