Christmas 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
June 25th here, Rudy Day and 6 months until Christmas 2019.
When I think of how quickly the first 6 months of the year has gone I am filled with a combination of panic and excitement.

Going to have to ramp up the prep a little especially the craft items if I am going to get it all done before December.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not done much Christmas shopping this year. I need to get busy.
Still plenty of time left and I am sure that you will be in good form by December.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am going to b ready for this one... have already set goals.as I have grandbabies, 6,5, and v5 months right now... then I also have my 6yrs old great niece, I adopted 2 yrs ago. And now we r going to trip for her sibling that should have been placed wit us at birth but didn't happen.. that'd a whole other bread... but
I am already preparing Christmas Eve box for each of them. With Mother being gone, am trying to get my siblings to continue carrying out mothers Christmas Eve parties..... but who knows. Haven't spoken to my sister since she gained hr wings... my brother & I r very close now, PTL....
I also am doing gift cards fr the 3 older kids, 30, 27, 26. Maybe something small under tree.. but their at the age, where their not tooo worried now....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DawnSu, sounds like you have got great plans. I love the idea of the Christmas Eve box for each of the kids. What do you put in the boxes?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I love the Christmas Eve box idea as well - so much fun for younger children but I enjoy putting one together for Sophia. Christmas pajamas, a new Starbucks mug, hot chocolate K-cups, a movie, microwave popcorn, and some sweet treats.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
DawnSu, sounds like you have got great plans. I love the idea of the Christmas Eve box for each of the kids. What do you put in the boxes?
I have PJ's, new footies, or slippers, their fav movie, a bag of popcorn, of course our Santa hats, fav book

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, i like the idea of the Santa hats, might be fun to wear as we watch our Christmas Eve movie.

Reactions: PamelaG

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I like to pick up Jiffy pop (Walmart still has them) for DS's box from the Pajama Elves - which is similar idea to Christmas Eve box :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We used to do boxes when the kids were small that contained pj's, new toothbrushes a movie etc. Now that the kids are grown we do a Christmas Eve basket.
It contains fun size bottles of Coca Cola, lollies, potato chips, popcorn, mini bars of chocolate, things along those lines. we have a light supper and we all sit down and watch a movie. Sometimes it is a Christmas movie sometimes not.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
all sounds good may have to do christmas eve boxes
Faye, give it a try. I find that it adds just one more element to the season and my kids look forward to the basket every year.
Need to start looking at items for this years basket but I think I am going to put Santa hats or socks on the list

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I always try to slip the bigger kids' a gift card in the tree, so they can see it... lo makes it fun

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I always try to slip the bigger kids' a gift card in the tree, so they can see it... lo makes it fun
I tucked theater tickets into the branches of the tree one year. I put them there Christmas Eve after everyone had gone to bed - my daughter spotted them first thing in the morning.

Reactions: DawnSu

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love hiding little gifts in the branches. I often tuck little jewelry boxes, cards with pedicure vouchers or gift cards to DH in the branches. I just have to remember where I placed them lol.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
hobby lobby has some christmas out
WooHoo. I do get a little giddy when I see Christmas items in the shops. I need to write a list soon of what I may need for Christmas this year and pick it up when I see it.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
christmas will be put up in cracker barrel tonite and tomo. yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only the first collection more to come. this first theme is really cute traditional red cardinals red trucks snowmen love it. i love it when we have the holiday stuff out.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana