Freezer Sessions 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
2 more cheesecakes in the freezer now - Key Lime and Chocolate Lover's!

2 more to go and I'm done with the ones I need for the wedding!

I've been working hard on my menu planning for Halloween - New Years and think I have identified almost all the items I'll be making and freezing ahead. All ingredients added to Master Holiday Grocery List. Now I will go through my daily planner document and plug in dates to make each one - then put those dates on the master grocery list - sort by date and start buying little by little each week.

I had a bunch of $0.75 off 1 coupons for boxes of puff pastry that expire today so I've been using them up - 4 boxes tucked away now for the holidays!

There are a few things I want to test making now and see how they freeze/thaw - need to work on planning time for that as well!!!
You are so organized with your menu planning and shopping for your freezer dishes.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I cooked up 4 lbs of ground beef and froze it for future meals. I made four pounds of chicken piccatta. We'll have half tonight for dinner and the other half will be frozen.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a batch of chili in the freezer- in single serving portions.

Two big bags of grilled chicken breasts as well.

Some lime juice cubes and the rinds.

Have also scheduled a date to go through all freezers (this weekend actually) and do a complete inventory!!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Took pics of freezer contents to help me get a jump start on updating my inventory - then will go back and double check anything not clear from the photos this weekend!
Great idea. I did this with my decluttering, great to have the photos to refer to later on.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Found Boston butt on sale so I ground 8 pounds and froze for sarma ( cabbage rolls). Been looking for bigger heads of cabbage at a reasonable price to make them. My cousin just now texted me she found them on sale and got 2 for me. Sunday I’ll pack the leaves in sour kraut to pickle and make them in about a week.
Today was chicken soup day. I made 2 pots and will freeze.
Ohio peaches are ready so I flash froze 2 baskets of them. I made a small cobbler that we devoured. I’m surprised they were so good with our crazy weather. The Mennonite market should have boxes of tomato s in the next few weeks so I’ll be flash freezing those also.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Took pics of freezer contents to help me get a jump start on updating my inventory - then will go back and double check anything not clear from the photos this weekend!
What a clever idea. I do this when I bring out my Christmas totes, helps me pack everything away, but never thought of doing it for the freezer,

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Yes, the photo method was born of my worries about having the freezer door open too long - lol

I finished inventory and general clean out and reorganize of all 4 freezers this weekend. Everything is nice and neat and tidy.

And we had ribs on the grill yesterday because I found some - lol!!! DH had gotten and put in there and I had NO idea - so that was a bonus!

I'll start my fill the freezer sessions up once we get back from Disney! Looking forward to it!!!

Reactions: Myron's Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are getting to the end of our Winter meals. Still have some soup and one or two crockpot meals and a few other things in there. time to start doing meals for Summer soon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh my gosh. I'm off to take photos in the freezer. Brilliant idea! Then when shopping you know what's in
Oh, I did not think of this use but another clever idea, you girls are sure smart.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've told several people about taking a photo of the items in their freezer. Their mouths just drop open and they want to go take photos of their freezer. Thanks AuntJamelle. You may have started a world wide trend.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I bought 8 square foil pans from Dollar Tree today...does that count as freezer cooking....at least I'm heading in the right direction?:p

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Jane - That ABSOLUTELY counts!!!!

The photo "trend" is cracking me up!!! I love that is appealing to others!

I also use the same "trick" when updating my inventory of the pantry. It's helpful to snap the photos then sit down at computer to enter everything all at once.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I never thought to take pictures of either my freezer or my totes. It’s a good idea. I like the idea of a inventory sheet for the freezer. I should keep track of how much I buy and prep and use each year so I can get “the right amount” also.
I spent yesterday and today freezing corn and tomatoes and made 2 roasters full of cabbage rolls.
I still want to make apple sauce this fall. The orchard is up for sale so I’ll have to start checking around where I can get the apples I like.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
9 lbs of chicken and 7 lbs of ground beef have been cooked and placed in the freezer. I am ready for those cRaZy evenings when dinner and meetings collide. :D

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I made up the equivalent of a jar of tomato sauce and froze it.