Christmas 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
we will not see Christmas here until late September or early October. If I went to the big craft store about 1/2 hour from me they may have started to put some out.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Aunt Jamelle have you ever done the Jiffy Pop over a campfire? Sooo fun, not to mention yummy! Make sure you have a good bed of coals though. You can also use the charcoal grill.
There's a website that had the cutest designs to decorate the Jiffy Pop containers. You basically slip it on top of the lid and press the foil down around the edges. Let me see if I can find it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so curious as to what Jiffy pots are. Will be googling tonight.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Christmas is starting to show in the shops here. Still not a lot. I think that if I see something I want I will grab it rather than miss out. FOMO

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lots of places here are starting to have Christmas craft shows and sales. The Mennonite thrift shop had theirs this weekend. I was surprised how much higher end things they had.
Most definitely if you see something buy it. I’ve learned my lesson the hard way about that.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
How is everyone's holiday calendar filling up? Mine is starting to be pretty blocked!!!! :)

Confirmed date for BIL's and their wives to come over for dinner in December. Then my boss asked me to host work event for our department the day before the dinner. Which is fine...December is always just crazy!

And with how Thanksgiving falls so darn close to the start of Dec this year it makes it even tighter!!!

Sun Dec 1st will still see me trying to finish Christmas decor in the house
2nd weekend in Dec = Our annual Christmas party
3rd weekend = Work Event/BIL Dinner
4th weekend = My sister and her BF come to stay
And then it's Christmas!!!!!

Going to be "brisk" this year!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am trying to encourage DH to step out more this year. Hoping if I plan with DS/GF and DD/BF he might be more willing. Still looking at events on Facebook Events.

Our family Christmas won't happen until New Year's Eve. It is what works for us all to be together.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lots of places here are starting to have Christmas craft shows and sales. The Mennonite thrift shop had theirs this weekend. I was surprised how much higher end things they had.
Most definitely if you see something buy it. I’ve learned my lesson the hard way about that.

I would love to live where there were Mennonite crafters!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We have dates on the calendar for getting the tree, Christmas concerts shopping and baking.

We are changing up our traditional Christmas this year. I won't be hosting on Christmas Eve and my brother won't be hosting on Christmas. My brother will have us to his house two weeks before Christmas. I'll have whoever can make it to my house the weekend before Christmas. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be with my dh and children. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are changing things up here a little this year too. With Christmas Eve being a Tuesday I have to work and I think it will be a late one.
I have spoken to DD and BF and we will have them over on the Saturday before (21st) and we will have our traditional dinner and movie night then. There will be no rush and we can enjoy the evening. Then one Christmas Eve DH,DS and I will just do something "special" here. It is the first time in many years I have had to change CE plans.
I will see if the kids are coming for Christmas morning and we will exchange gifts and stockings then.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered Christmas postage stamps yesterday - need to make plans for DS's Christmas photo to put in with Christmas cards!!!

Also need to get wrapping again! And review shopping lists! And work on Christmas class treat!

So much to do - as always!!! :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We always were changing up Christmas Eve and day until I retired. Between me working nights in the NICU and when our son (he is actually my step son) was little, rotating the holiday with his mom, Christmas Eve dinner was rarely on the actual day. And to have slept the night before was a treat. It wouldn’t be unusual to be up for 36 hours or more.
Dinner time will depend on what time our son gets in. We will have the traditional dinner and movie night.
I stopped at the post office to get Christmas stamps but our tiny office didn’t have what wanted so I need to order online.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I haven't even made a note in my planner regarding Christmas stamps, don't know how I missed that one!!