Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I received a few suggestions for particular brands of tea. I picked up a few boxes today.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I gave LC1 one of her Christmas gifts yesterday. She collects pigs so when I saw a pig bowl at Pier 1 many months ago on sale I grabbed it. As I was packing I decided there was no reason to pack it. I went to get some Christmas paper but it had gone to the storage unit so she received it wrapped in white paper. She loved it.
https://www.pier1.com/pig-serving-bowl/3069350.html

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, a very cute pig indeed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a few things yesterday at the mall. Mostly items for DS to be given by my mum. Saw a flannel hoodie that was reduces to $17 but rang up at $11. Even better. DS goes away frequently for motor racing and finds that a lot of motels do not have crockery etc. We bought him a knife, fork and spoon set, a bowl, plate and a travel mug and a tea towel. Mum will make a drawstring bag to put it all in.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Got my SIL's razor last night...So I now have 1 big gift for the each of them. That's a good feeling.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Minnie, I love checking off those big gifts off my list.
I picked up a few movies out of what I call the “ B movie bin” at Walmart for my husband. Did a big grocery shopping at Aldis for my son. I got about 1/2 of what’s on my list. Can’t wait for wrapping day.
Waiting for some of the leaked Black Friday ads to come out online to do a little price checking.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got a few more things 2 jackets for my grandson one to keep here one to go with him. i bought myself a charlie brown sweatshirt cant wait to wear. got a couple more ifts im doing good so far

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, I love getting new clothes especially big, floppy jumpers. Love snuggling in.
Getting warmer here so no sweat shirts for a while now.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Stopped at dollar tree, they just got a shipment of movies in so I got 19 for my husband. My phone was in the car so 3 of the ones I bought I already had. I’ll just give them to my son. Husband will have plenty of movies to watch this winter.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, my DH watches a lot of movies too. DS collects many series on DVD, they are all starting to be released here. Will pick those up over the next few weeks.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a few more gifts for our son including placing his main gift on layaway yesterday.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
MM, my DH watches a lot of movies too. DS collects many series on DVD, they are all starting to be released here. Will pick those up over the next few weeks.

I wish our Dollar Tree had good movies in stock. Great score for your DH, I am sure he will be happy.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I wish our Dollar Tree had good movies in stock. Great score for your DH, I am sure he will be happy.

They are all pretty much “B” or “C” movies but cheap entertainment. You have to get there right as they are putting them out because they go fast. The clerk was nice and handed me 2 cartons of movies that she hadn’t put out yet.
I ordered more movies on amazon tonight- husband gave me a list of them. There’s a few I’ll need to pre order when they make that available.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did errands yesterday and bought som pj's for the baby coming in December. PJ top for dd, and a variety of olive oils for dd too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the mall today.
Got Chicago Fire and Chicago PD for DS. He collects a lot of series and these are the new released ones.
Got DD BF a really nice glass tea pot that can be used for hot or cold tea. In the supermarket I got 4 or 5 packages of different flavoured teas that can be used hot or cold. I am glad that I have that for him now.
I got DH some reusable silicone lunch bags. Hopefully he will use those for his lunches and it will cut down on waste.

Reactions: luludou

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DH and I purchased 11 pillows and pillows protectors today. 22 pillowcases are made. All that is left is purchase gift cards to Barnes and Nobles. And make up some trays of baked goods. Oh, I am thinking of putting together a hot chocolate bar for our neighbor who is always getting my mail and watching the house while we are gone.
Pamela, can you tell me again what the holiday deal is with B&N gift cards? I have a lot to buy.

Reactions: luludou

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
DH and I purchased 11 pillows and pillows protectors today. 22 pillowcases are made. All that is left is purchase gift cards to Barnes and Nobles. And make up some trays of baked goods. Oh, I am thinking of putting together a hot chocolate bar for our neighbor who is always getting my mail and watching the house while we are gone.
Pamela, can you tell me again what the holiday deal is with B&N gift cards? I have a lot to buy.
I think it was one free $10 card (to be used after December 26) for every $75 in cards you buy. I seem to remember that I had $20 and that was the year I bought $150 in cards for family members. I think they start advertising it before Black Friday.