Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good deals on the gift cards. I will go to the local hardware this coming week and get a whole heap of GC for DH and 1 for DDBF. I know that the boys will always use them. Still saving points to redeem a supermarket GC for DH father. I nearly have $40 in points.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I think it was one free $10 card (to be used after December 26) for every $75 in cards you buy. I seem to remember that I had $20 and that was the year I bought $150 in cards for family members. I think they start advertising it before Black Friday.
Thanks Pamela. I will have to add up what I need and see what I can do. Yesterday at Kohl’s I had forgotten something when we got to the checkout and DH wanted to purchase what we had and the go back to get forgotten items. I told him do way, it was double points and Kohl’s Cash I need the total as high or I would loose out on my Kohl’s cash. lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a small light up top for the Advent calendar...that is all recently. Will be reviewing my shopping list and trying to start adding some items soon. Have things for DS I will be going back to Rural King for soon - some I'll wait for sale on but a couple of things I think I'm just going to go ahead and get now to be safe.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Picked up a couple items today. One for DH and the other will go in Oldest DD gift basket. Have won a gift card at the yarn store for a gourmet store just around the corner back in June that I will use as well for getting something for the gift basket end of October or beginning of November when I’m up that way next time.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Picked up a few more stocking stuffers. I priced some things in the store. They didn't carry enough so I decided to order all of them online and then wrap them at the same time.

Oh, I have a question. Have any of you used the little lights that you clamp onto a book to read at night? I was thinking about getting a few. If so, do you think it is worth it?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I had one of those little booklights a few years ago and I loved it. Not sure what happened to it.

Our big supermarket had some bacon fllavoured bbq sauce in their catalogue today so got a bottle for DH and DB. $2 a bottle so will be good in their stockings.
DD BF likes these energy gel satchets for when he rides his bike, found some that he like reduced but with a fabulous use by date so they will go in his stocking. He also mentioned a brand of cereal that he really likes so I might try and get him a box of that for under the tree.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Picked up a few more stocking stuffers. I priced some things in the store. They didn't carry enough so I decided to order all of them online and then wrap them at the same time.

Oh, I have a question. Have any of you used the little lights that you clamp onto a book to read at night? I was thinking about getting a few. If so, do you think it is worth it?

My daughter got one when she as 7 and it was her favourite present. We're getting one for DD6 this year. They're great for reading in bed, in the car, outside when the light's getting dim. I've borrowed DD8's before, and I really like it. You can clamp them on to other things like a headboard or couch when you want light for doing other things as well.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
It not in the closet but I got a new purse today at the best bargain you can get...free! I Christmas and misc shopped at Kohl’s last week and rec’vd Kohl’s cash and double rewards points so I used that and still have $5 left. I left happy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few more stocking fillers yesterday. A magnetic LED torch for my mum's fridge, and diary's for next year. Nice little purse sized notebooks. A gift voucher from the hardware store for DD BF.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went back to Rural King and got a walking, vapor breathing dragon toy that DS was infatuated with :)

And a pair of Wild West handcuffs for his stocking.

Also got a Nerf gun on clearance, pretty good sized one for only $8 - will plan on that for Toys for Tots

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have been picking up items for Teigan. Getting a few items for the poster, her stocking and then some gifts. Dollar General had kids hats for 1/2 off so got one with an unicorn on it and the bill has the sequins for 2.50.

I really need to pull all out but it is everywhere so ....

People getting alot of good deals it sounds like.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
went to dollar tree yesterday. got 5 pks of 3 bowls each betty crocker storage bowls. need them to take to kids houses when bringing food back. i will pick up a few for my son too

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
An Advent Star Wars LEGO kit arrived today.
I think they are being released here this week. Will keep an eye out.

Need to add chocolate advent calendars to the list.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had one of those little booklights a few years ago and I loved it. Not sure what happened to it.

I've borrowed DD8's before, and I really like it. You can clamp them on to other things like a headboard or couch when you want light for doing other things as well.

Thanks, ladies. I will pick some book lights up.

Need to add chocolate advent calendars to the list.

Oh, I forgot about them too. I haven't seen them yet but I know it's not on my to buy list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, I forgot about them too. I haven't seen them yet but I know it's not on my to buy list.
Aldi are advertising them in their catalogue for this week so they must be available soon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got the candy cane favour hot choc pkgs for the grandchildren today. Picked up a couple for myself as well.
That sounds delicious, Christmas in a mug....:)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Everyone is doing great!!!

I picked up two Vtech smart watches for the granddaughters at Costco. They say 4 yrs plus and when reading the reviews I seen parents with kids 4 to 10 that said they loved them. I was going to just get my 6 year old granddaughter one, but knew my 4 year old GD would be all over that and probably bugging her, so I decided to get 2 of them. I also picked up home sew monster dolls for them at a craft fair last weekend that were the cutest. Think Ugly Dolls, but homemade and fancier. They are all crazy looking and the materials are all different and the minute I seen them I HAD TO BUY THEM. They are fairly large and for 4 she only charges me $35. The lady in front of me also bought 4. I told the vendor she had a hit on her hand and they were ADORABLE!! Here's one of them.

72062541_918657595184967_1528144038157352960_n.jpg