November 10th-16th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mid November 2019, where has this year gone?
Panic is starting to set in, a mild panic but it is there

*make work lunches for Monday (X ) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X)
*washing (X)
*self tanner ( ) ( ) ( )
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*be aware of water intake ( ) this is getting easier now
*keep on top of daily routine ( )

*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library (/) library closed this coming week.
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*meal plan for the coming fortnight (X) I have ideas.
*mop floor ( )
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training Wednesday (X)
*fill with petrol (X)
*wrapping party at my house Thursday (X)
*Dinner with a friend Thursday (X)
*book optometrist appointment (X)
*book car service (X)

Spring cleaning.....the kitchen......the last room and done by my goal of end of November , glad as I have to work an extra shift next week.

Tidy all drawers
Clean doors
Clean cupboards inc pantry
Windows and sills
Clean rangehood/stove top
Wash floors
Clean downlights
Clean vents
Wash splashback

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I agree! Mild panic for sure. I have no idea what to get DH, I have been writing down ideas for the kids in my phone as I think about them or they see something when we are out. I had ordered DD a Harry Potter advent calendar back in August that finally shipped...to our old address. :oops: I don't know if the post office will forward a package and i'm thinking I should have received it by now. I may have just lost that money. There is no tracking on it through the company either. I did change the address in my account when we moved thinking that would change the shipping, but it didn't. Ugh! I just hope that it gets forwarded, I don't think anyone is even living in our old house yet.

Appointments:
[X] Chiropractor (Mon)
[X] PT (Tue)
[X] Board meeting (Wed)
[X] Curriculum Fair (Wed)
[X] PT (Thu)
[X] Commissary Focus Group (Thu)

School:
[X] Complete task
[X] Preassessment (Fri)
[X] Objective assessment
[X] Study schedule for math praxis
[X] Resume
[X] Fingerprints (Fri)

House:
[ ] Finish top of dresser
[ ] File all the paperwork pile
[X] Start getting out Christmas decorations

Fun:
[ ] Williams Sonoma
[X] Pick up new elf and llama
[X] Read

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't know if the post office will forward a package and i'm thinking I should have received it by now.
I thought the post office forwarded mail up to a year after moving. I hope it comes soon.

I haven't hit panic mode yet but I think it is because so much other stuff is going on around here. Today marked our last fall college tour. I feel like I can start focusing in on Thanksgiving. I think the panic will kick in after Thanksgiving when I realize that I have less than a month before Christmas. I'm keeping the list light this week with the idea of getting the physical stuff done by Tuesday night. I will do reading/computer work later in the week while recovering.
  • Review calendar for upcoming week. Done
  • Plan Menu for next week. Done
  • Clean Bathrooms. Done
  • Pay bills. Done
  • HHP
  • Review CCP
  • Holiday Self-Care Plan (HSCP)
  • Reading plan
  • FlyLady: Bathrooms Done
    • Dust top of fan.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.
New this Week:
  • Write a note to school on Sunday night. Done
  • Place pins on the map. Done
  • Read next section of Austen book.
  • Read through magazines.

Still to Do:
  • Clean up and dead plants from flower beds on a warm day. Done

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, hope that the parcel arrives. So frustrating if not.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, which day this week is the surgery scheduled for?
It is scheduled for Wednesday. It is outpatient so I will be home in the afternoon. My mom will stop by to visit on Thursday. Meals are scheduled and the family can get them from the freezer the night before.

I have a hard time sitting down in general but planning helps me to sit still for a while. I've made a list of lists to work on and binders to organize while sitting. That should help me not to get too restless. :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a hard time sitting down in general but planning helps me to sit still for a while. I've made a list of lists to work on and binders to organize while sitting. That should help me not to get too restless. :D
You are so organised. Maybe time to write out your Christmas cards, research your word for 2020, think about goals for next year? I am sure that your recovery will be a good one.

Reactions: MrsSoup

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina… word for 2020, goals for next year… just wrote these down yesterday in MY zen, relaxation calendar that I make for myself. :) Great minds think alike.

Next weekend I have 4 days (have osteo appointment Friday and Monday hospital appointments), but they shouldn't take long... so I will try to make progress in lots of areas.
  • Put up Christmas tree
  • Bake some desserts
  • Regular housechores
  • Finalize Christmas cards
  • Wrap
  • Run errands
… and all of thes take lots of time! but if I do it then I will be ahead of the game.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
… and all of thes take lots of time! but if I do it then I will be ahead of the game.
That is my aim at the moment Lucie. Get anything I can done now so that I can relax a little closer to Christmas. I want to be able to enjoy what I have worked so hard for all year.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
You are so organised. Maybe time to write out your Christmas cards, research your word for 2020, think about goals for next year? I am sure that your recovery will be a good one.

Great ideas there! I have gotten a lot of the things done off the list that I wanted to do up to this point. I plan to use Thursday and Friday as my reading and list making days. My unread magazines and books are waiting. When I need a break from that, I've got my list of lists. LOL!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just bagged all the gifts in preparation for tomorrows wrapping party at my house. I am going to have to find a different way of storing the gifts throughout the year because what I am doing now is not working as well as it can be.
Will give it some thought over the next few weeks and see what I can come up with.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am going to have to find a different way of storing the gifts throughout the year because what I am doing now is not working as well as it can be.

How are you storing gifts bought through out the year now?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm so glad that I prepped the way that I did. I got to all the more strenuous jobs on Monday and Tuesday. Things were rougher than I expected. I am taking things slow and steady. On the bright side, I am feeling better than I did 24 hours ago. :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How are you storing gifts bought through out the year now?
I have one box for each person for gifts and stocking fillers and I do try and make a note of what I have. But as the boxes get full I just store stuff where I can and then I forget who it is for or I double up/forget something. Just need to rethink this.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have one box for each person for gifts and stocking fillers and I do try and make a note of what I have. But as the boxes get full I just store stuff where I can and then I forget who it is for or I double up/forget something. Just need to rethink this.

Oh boy, do I understand that. Maybe you could put the initials of the gift recipient on the item after you buy it?

I have extra large plastic shopping bags that are given out at the stores when you buy tons of stuff. I save them from year to year to hold the gifts. I put names on those bags so that all gifts for that person are in that bag. I do the same thing for stocking stuffers. That has helped.

My problem is remembering that "great" hiding spot for the bought items once the box is filled. :rolleyes: I found a bunch of stuff in January when I was decluttering the basement. I store the unwrapped gifts there up until mid November. Then I start keeping them in my bedroom so I can keep better track of things. Currently, I am missing a tablecloth that I "hid" in one of those "great" spots that I can't even find. :( I'm beginning to rethink this whole hiding thing.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have an app on my phone called Gift List (it's free) and when I start buying things I annotate in there where I hid them so I don't forget. haha I stash little items all over the place sometimes in our bedroom.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have an app on my phone called Gift List (it's free) and when I start buying things I annotate in there where I hid them so I don't forget. haha I stash little items all over the place sometimes in our bedroom.
I can imagine that it is like a treasure hunt at your place around Christmas....lol sounds like fun.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My problem is remembering that "great" hiding spot for the bought items once the box is filled.
I am extremely lucky as I have a huge closet with shelves in my bedroom to store the items and any overflow goes into my empty spare room. At the moment this room is full of stockings and wrapped gifts, Christmas Central.

Anyway, I either need bigger boxes so that I can contain everything without the need to store elsewhere, buy less ;), or just get my act together. A project for the new year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

That's a good idea! I keep a list too but hadn't thought of putting the exact location of the hidden items.

Reactions: MrsSoup