Freezer Sessions 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Made a pot of split pea and ham soup yesterday. Got 4 containers of it in the freezer.
My favourite Winter soup. I always have some in the freezer for Winter, that and crunchy bread....yum

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have added some more items to the freezer:

2 more batches of Chunky Choc Gobs
1 more batch of Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies
2 batches of Browned Butter Mocha Caramel cookies

Working on a couple cheesecakes next! Crusts are made and chilling in the fridge!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
One Reese PB Cup Cheesecake and one White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake tucked away in the freezer now!

Also cooked, shredded and frozen 6 lbs of chicken breast for holiday meals...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Added to the freezer over the weekend:
2 casseroles of cabbage rolls
1 bell-pepper casserole
3 tupperwares of spaghetti sauce
1 tupperware of cooked ground beef
18 pizzas on English muffins

Reactions: AuntJamelle

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I feel like I must be doing something wrong when I freeze cookies....they always come out with an odd taste to them when I thaw them. I seem to be able to freeze cookie dough okay, but once I bake them and freeze them they just have an odd aftertaste I can't quite put my finger on.

I have to make 6 or 7 batches of muffins to freeze this afternoon. The girls go through about 8 muffins/ day so I bake them in big quantities and freeze them as assortments so they get some variety. I try to find the healthiest recipes I can given the quantity they go through.

Aunt Jamelle - both cheesecakes sound amazing!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our next bulk cooking day is this Saturday so I am just writing my shopping list and to do list.

FS, not sure why the cookies would have an aftertaste. Baking muffins will certainly help keep the girls happy and fed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
FS - Do you flash freeze them first? Not sure if that makes a difference, but that is what I always do then I transfer them to a Ziploc brand freezer bag. I let them thaw at room temp and they always taste great! Are there other odors in your freezer going on maybe - strong food smells from other things? Maybe try putting an open box of baking soda in? That's all I can think of!!!

Cooked and froze 3 lbs of ground beef.

Have a test batch of Drop Style Sugar Cookies (with Christmas sprinkles in the dough!) chilling in fridge - will bake tonight and then freeze!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have a small batch of the Drop Style Sugar Cookies flash freezing - wasn't super impressed with them and don't think I will make more.

I keep searching for a cookie that will add color to my cookie trays - that can be baked ahead and frozen - that doesn't need icing/frosting after thawing and that tastes amazing.

I'm not asking for much am I? :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Have a small batch of the Drop Style Sugar Cookies flash freezing - wasn't super impressed with them and don't think I will make more.

I keep searching for a cookie that will add color to my cookie trays - that can be baked ahead and frozen - that doesn't need icing/frosting after thawing and that tastes amazing.

I'm not asking for much am I? :)

We love these, I have left some plain without dipping into melted chocolate and they were just as good. Never froze them though.
https://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/white-chocolate-cherry-shortbread/

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Minta! That looks really promising! And if I have time I am not opposed to dipping in chocolate after thawing - I just want to be able to skip if I run out of the time - which happens often :)

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Minta

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Frosty, could it be the bags you are using? That’s the only other thing I can think of.
Minta, those sound good!
AJ, do you have a good sugar cookie that you could make pinwheels out of? I’ve used paste food coloring and the colors came out beautiful. We aren’t sugar cookie fans here so no one was in love with them except that they were pretty. I think there is a recipe for “whoville” cookies on Pinterest. You can use the paste colors in Crinkle cookies too for some color.
I have my pie crusts made for thanksgiving. Husband has been wanting chili so I made a giant soup pot of that and froze.
Plan to get the fixings for stuff shells next shopping trip.
Have pretty much everything to make my special fudge. Wasn’t going to make any but my husbands buddy would enjoy it again and my cousin who can’t do too much would like some too. I need to put a day on my planner closer to Christmas to make some.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cooking session is finished, took us about 4 hours.
Got 3 large containers of chicken with salsa, 3 of seasoned chicken that I can add to pizzas or as a base to a meal. 4 large containers of taco beef,
6 packages of 2 different hamburgers. 1 container of diced chorizo and 1 of sausage nibbles that I will use for pizza or on top of salads.
Mum did the same except she did not make hamburgers.
I am pleased that I have some ready meals for easy dinners for over the Summer. I need to buy some pizza bases and shredded mozzarella cheese and I willbe set for a while.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've added a few more things to the freezer:

- 2.5 lb roast - made in crockpot overnight, shredded in the AM and froze meat for Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie!) later this season

- PW Cheddar Puffs

- 1 full batch of Kieflees (Meant 57 of them after we "sampled")

Hoping to get PW Holiday Bacon Crackers and some of my Cheesy Garlic Bread in the freezer over the next few days - we'll see how it goes!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lol! I’m all about quality control!
I made a big pot of chicken soup today. I happen to find parsley root (grandma always used it) at the store. It was pretty sorry looking but I bought it anyways because I haven’t seen any in months. They had some big fat chickens on sale too. Perfect for this cold snowy day. Now I have to find room in my freezer.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
QA!!! Gotta love it!

Got the Cheesy Garlic Bread and a double batch of PW Holiday Bacon Crackers in the freezer! Woot! Woot!

Have 3 more batches of cookie dough chilling in the fridge - will work on getting it baked up and frozen over the next couple of days!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul