2019 Wrapping party dates.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've gotten all gifts to be shipped wrapped and staged in their shipping boxes - empty cookie tins in as well to make sure I have room!

Feels good to have that done!

All the items for our adopted family don't need to be wrapped, thank goodness, so recent shopping hasn't added to my "to wrap" pile yet!

Hoping to get done with putting up Christmas decor before the next wave of things to be wrapped comes in!

Oh, and here are some of my "pretties" after a recent session:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49122618132/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, good on you. Nothing makes me happier than gifts with big fat bows on them.....gorgeous.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Jodee, love the snowmen, the recipients are going to feel very special!
AJ, beautiful bows! I used to do that kind of wrapping until Myron ate a bunch of ribbon and ended up having surgery. Oh well. But your packages are so festive.
All I have left is a couple of things that I just ordered. Husband got all his wrapping done too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The last wrapping dates for the year are as follows.....
Wednesday 4th December,
Sunday 15th December, 10 days to go, are you ready
Wednesday 18th December, 1 week till Christmas!! Hopefully you will all be finished wrapping and can enjoy the lead up.

Hopefully you are all going well with Christmas prep and are ready to enjoy a wonderful Christmas season. If you are not quite ready don't worry there is still plenty of time to get it all done.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a bunch of wrapping done over the long weekend, mostly for DS. Still have some things left to wrap for him and still need DH, my sister and her BF to finish their wish lists so I can order theirs!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I never got to the wrapping over the weekend so I spent some time yesterday wrapping gifts. I will have to run out to get more as we have less on the roll than I thought.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I hardly have anything wrapped. Hoping to get a lot wrapped this weekend. My goal is to be done wrapping by the 19th as I start my baking on the 20th. May have to set a date with my coffee pot late Friday or Saturday night and just get busy wrapping.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Forgive me if this has been asked before - do you wrap gifts that go into stockings? I usually just wrap them in tissue paper, not even any tape, the stockings are always pretty full so I don't have to worry about things coming unwrapped.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wrapping day today.....i am not wrapping but I am doing the groceries, maybe I will find things to wrap for next year.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Forgive me if this has been asked before - do you wrap gifts that go into stockings? I usually just wrap them in tissue paper, not even any tape, the stockings are always pretty full so I don't have to worry about things coming unwrapped.

We wrap most of the stocking stuffers. I don't wrap small things like chapstick, candy and gum.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
As far as stocking stuffers go, I wrap anything "expensive" as in it is more of an official gift but its small size led me to put it in their stocking... I wrap most of DS's stuffers just so he has the fun of opening. I stick to paper and a gift tag, skipping the bow - to save on space!

Or I will hot glue on a flat embellishment of some kind - or wrap once around the middle with a scrap of wired ribbon, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
do you wrap gifts that go into stockings?
As I have said before we don't do stocking we do Santa sacks. We do wrap maybe half of the items that go into the sacks.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wish you were close to me Mary - I have so many rolls of wrapping paper!!!! IT'S EMBARRASSING!!! :oops:

I thought we did too in January! It turns out that we had many rolls with very little on it. That was quite deceiving.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
LOL, Mary! Deceptive rolls of wrapping paper - one of the hazards of the season! :D

I did a bit more wrapping last night - just the final things to get slipped into boxes to ship.

WHICH ARE PACKED and in my car. Will take to post office on lunch today.

Just ordered a new wave of gifts - my wrapping area is trashed. T-R-A-S-H-E-D !!!! Will have to work on it tomorrow night. Because tonight I am finishing DS's costume for school project :eek:

Reactions: Holiday_Mom