Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have picked up a few things for Teigans poster for next year. Mainly just Christmas items I have gotten. Tissue paper, Box trays that were $3 for 90 cents, some table runners that were $6 some for $3 and went back at 70% off and got more for $1.80. Place mats to make pillows.

Like several have said places are picked over here too. So many sales before Christmas!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Like several have said places are picked over here too. So many sales before Christmas!
Yes, a lot of stores had 50% etc in the weeks before Christmas. I am intending to buy things as I see them and not wait until after Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Forgot to say that I got a set of 12 glasses on clearance for $9 - combination of stemless wine glasses and stemless champagne flutes. Will break up into sets of 4 and etch designs on them for gifts for next year. In fact I am going to try and go back and get two more boxes!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Things are pretty well picked over here too. Most everything here was 50% off right before Christmas, maybe this year I’ll head out but it’s not my favorite time to shop.
Found a couple packs of artist paint brushes for my son. He was talking about how much he uses them for all his projects. Found some heavy duty gift bags at kohl’s that will perfect for the quilts I’m making. I had a hard time finding something last year for my quilts. Got them free with all my coupons, I may go back next week with my kohl’s cash and get a few more.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Things are pretty well picked over here too. Most everything here was 50% off right before Christmas, maybe this year I’ll head out but it’s not my favorite time to shop.
I am going to make a list of what I might need for 2021 in my planner. I usually have Christmas cards written and a craft list organised by November. This will give me time to get what I need even if not at discounted prices. Craft items especially so that I can work on those through the year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have gotten about 8 (if not a few more) of the table runners at Dollar General for $1.80 down from 6. I think 2 or 3 I paid $3 for. I would need like 4 for in my LR/DR but rest could be gifts or prizes.

Have gotten 7 items for Teigans poster.

Got Jaymee a J mug with holly around it for 60 cents. It is oversize. Got her a girl elf at half off so Teigan can have the elf bring it to Jaymee during next Christmas season. Teigan wanted one to hide for Jay so told her this one can be touched cuz its a little stuffed one.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Shopped tractor supply today, found a craft knife set on clearance for my son. I would have picked up a couple for all the crafty people on my list ( and me) but it was the only one. Husband said he would look in canton store next week when he’s out.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
You guys are so good! I didn't buy anything for next year but I did decide to start using the Amazon wish list. I had an idea for dd for next year so I went to Amazon and put it on the wish list. I'm not sure that I'll order it from Amazon but it is a place to store ideas.
This is how we use the Amazon Wish List. Sophia adds and deletes things all the time - I can tell what kind of a mood she is in by looking at her wish list - one week it will be all horse items, then kitchen, then beauty and fashion, then hiking and camping. She has a final date in November for changes and then I can pick from her list.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I have gotten about 8 (if not a few more) of the table runners at Dollar General for $1.80 down from 6. I think 2 or 3 I paid $3 for. I would need like 4 for in my LR/DR but rest could be gifts or prizes.

Have gotten 7 items for Teigans poster.

Got Jaymee a J mug with holly around it for 60 cents. It is oversize. Got her a girl elf at half off so Teigan can have the elf bring it to Jaymee during next Christmas season. Teigan wanted one to hide for Jay so told her this one can be touched cuz its a little stuffed one.
Was it Elf on the Shelf? I've never seen one of those on sale.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
The only thing in my gift closet is another one of the stir-fry sauce bottles - when I bought one for Vic, they charged me for two so instead of going back for a refund, I just got another bottle. It will make a great stocking stuffer for Sophia because she makes a stir-fry a lot.

I have a tote marked Gift Closet - Hostess full of new things from my Christmas inventory that I will never use. Figure I will pass them on as hostess gifts or at white elephant exchanges or for a gift swap that I do every year with my friends from our MOPS days in Florida. So far I have two square glass cutting boards (with decorative napkins), a wooden bar board, two sets of Lenox guest towels, four flour sack tea towels (two holiday dog-themed, two patriotic-themed), two drying mats, an ornament, a box of Merry, Merrier, and Merriest shot glasses, and a box of holiday conversation starters. Last year, I was able to pull almost everything for my MOPS friend's gift box from this tote, just needed to add some candy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent a lovely time wandering the aisles of KMart. I picked up 2 lovely floral wheat filled heat packs 1 for Mum and 1 for DD. They were $3.00 each, the cashier said she was going to go over on her break and get some. I got an under shirt for DS for a part of his birthday gift in July, I will look for a few others later.
I got DH some funny sleep shorts, one had hot dogs on them and one has monkeys, they were $4.00 down from $8.00.
I got a deodorant stick for a bag that I do for myself. Not a lot there but for the 2nd week in January the gift closet is looking OK

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
went back to michaels im threw now got some cookie tins wrapping paper and a red picture frame

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
One of the local pharmacy stores is relocating and have put some of their items on clearance so I was able to grab a couple compact multi tools for the two oldest grandsons.
For granddaughter birthday or Christmas a plooshaloos stuffing and a shopkins cutie car.

Added them to the gift tote which already have fabric for a nightgown and pj’s. Bath products for both DD’s birthdays, along with a candle for the July b-day. Barbie doll and scooter for DGD b-day. And male care sets for two of the grandsons along with a book for other grandson.
There is also a bracelet in the tote for my granddaughter that I got last year but not sure if I will give it this year or wait as she is only 7

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Headed off to IKEA yesterday with DS and DD. Got a few things for the gift closet for gifts throughout the year. I got 2 gorgeous Christmas green towels that will be perfect in my bathroom at Christmas time. I recently bought a red rug so I think that the combination will be lovely.
DS liked the towel so I got him one for his birthday in July. I picked up a large glass mug that I will put away for DS, I will add either a small bottle of coke or a bottle of beer to make a small gift for under the tree.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Such progress, every one is doing well.
Faye, love the grinch idea.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Groceries today and I get a lot of presents and stocking fillers from the supermarket. Got DS a gas lighter to go with the candles and reed diffuser that I bought a few weeks back so that gift is now finished. I will put the lighter in his stocking. I got some beard wash, face scrub, cleanser and moisturiser that was 1/2 price so with a new face cloth that will be another present for DS.