Crafters Challenge January 5th-11th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everyone is so busy!
AJ, bags and snitches are cute.
I was getting things done here but ran into a few snags. I have a table cloth to hem on my serger but I don’t have the right color of red thread. The color I have looks awful. Im taking apart 2 different wraps I made and making zippered vests. I have a ton of zippers but none are the separating type. Went to Joann’s they were out of the colors I need. And there is a shirt I want to embroider for my husband but I think I’ll get my Destiny serviced first. In the meantime I’m starting to cut out my snowman quilt that’s been sitting here for a 1 1/2 years.
My pile of “stuff” is getting much smaller, can’t wait to get it all finished. My goal for the new year is not to let unfinished things pile up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My goal for the new year is not to let unfinished things pile up.
MM, agreed that this is a great goal.
I am trying to get as much done in the first half of the year as I know that from September/October I get way too busy with other things and my crafting seems to suffer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kitchen boas might be handy---considering it for the 12 Days of Christmas swap but will see.
Lana, do you have instructions for the kitchen boas?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Nice projects!

MM ~ That should be my goal, too. I'm trying to take "one bite at a time".

I've been battling a cold, so not getting a lot of crafting done. I did get a couple of Craigslist postings up to try to sell a couple of sewing machines. And I also did a bit of CCS last night. Nothing too taxing. I want to feel well enough to go to Creatively You on Saturday.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I was hoping someone would say "For those of you who don't know, thrummed means....." but no, didn't see it so I had to Google! So much creativity on this thread, I am in awe of all of you!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
FS - how about worry dolls for your daughter's class?

I've knitted a few rows on the socks but mostly been working on a puzzle :)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
FS - how about worry dolls for your daughter's class?

I've knitted a few rows on the socks but mostly been working on a puzzle :)

How do you make those? I've seen them at stores but hadn't really thought about it.

I'm knitting socks right now too. The ugliest socks you'll ever see....and that's not an exageration. They're variegated and the pooling keeps skipping between big diagnal blocks of colours and something that looks like purple, black and cream camo.....then suddently stripes. They are ridiculously ugly, but they'll be warm and no one will see them in DD9s boots. I figure after I finish these I'll never again be able to complain "these are the ugliest socks I've ever seen."

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was hoping someone would say "For those of you who don't know, thrummed means....." but no, didn't see it so I had to Google! So much creativity on this thread, I am in awe of all of you!

haha, sorry. I grew up seeing them all the time so just figured they were a regular thing. When I moved to Ontario there was an ad in the paper looking for someone to make thrummed mittens with supplies provided and get paid by the pair. I was amazed I was the only applicant they had who knew what thrumming was.

It's funny how despite how small the world has become, there are still those little local things we don't realize are local things until we're elsewhere.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina,no I was just going to google it. Years ago a lady was selling pattern for $15.00 when I first saw them but figured if I ever made them.
Thank you, I will google for a pattern.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm feeling a bit better this morning after being a couch potato for a few days. I'll go to Creatively You this morning and have someone coming to look at one of my sewing machines this afternoon.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think I want to make a crochet cotton heart trivet for my dear friend who moved into a new place. And I want to make another one for my friend and she's was also my DS's math tutor last year. Just because. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm letting go of my perfectionist tendencies when it comes to writing. Something is better than nothing which is what everyone will have if I don't write up my research. Ancestor # 1 is done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, great job!
I am continuing with knitted face cloths for me, am hoping to get those done by the end of the month, will then move onto knitted coat hanger covers.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
This is an explanation of worry dolls:
https://www.empireadvance.ca/regional-news/worry-dolls-a-worldwide-blessing-1.23507889

Here's a free pattern with a poem to add to the doll
http://izzydoll.ca/dolll/dolll.html

Oh, I've heard of those. I'm going to knit some up along with some bears for the hospital. DD9 has learned to knit and it seems like a good project for her as well. I was thinking of worry dolls as those little dolls that come in a pouch and you tell a worry to each one and put it under your pillow at night. They seem to be made of paper and fabric and dipped in something for hair. I've seen them sold at giftshops.