Crafters Challenge January 12th--18th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Thank you to everybody for sharing their projects last week!

Last night before going to bed I made some laundry scent booster and some waste can air fresheners. I know not really a craft but..... Laundry scent is with epsom salt and essential oil of your choice. Waste can thingy with baking soda, epsom salt, water and essential oil. You put it in the waste can under liner to absorb odor. You put them in an ice cube tray and let them dry before popping them out.

Hoping to do some homemade bath salts or self care items for Christmas gifts and then got thinking if some of these homemade cleaning items work maybe some of them also, so will try some stuff.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Last night before going to bed I made some laundry scent booster and some waste can air fresheners. I know not really a craft but..... Laundry scent is with epsom salt and essential oil of your choice. Waste can thingy with baking soda, epsom salt, water and essential oil. You put it in the waste can under liner to absorb odor. You put them in an ice cube tray and let them dry before popping them out.

What a great idea! I bet I could make this a craft for the girls! They would likely make good drawer or closet fresheners too. :)

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa

Waste can thingy sounds like something I could use for the kitchen green bin container.

This weeks plans are:
Finish the totes
Knit at least one dishcloth—for Mother’s Day.
Work on shawl
Dress cut out

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hope to feel better and make some progress this week craft-wise!

I may try to plan a S&B at Kathy's on Tuesday; Stitched Together meeting on Thursday.

Studio time: Memorial quilt; finish gluing 3-D cardinal ornament; growth chart?; there's a mess of mending and ironing that needs attention; and I've been brainstorming a Christmas card idea...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished a heart trivet crocheted with cotton yarn for my friend who just moved into a new home.

I want to make her little 8 yr old daughter a crocheted headband. I think I'll make one in pink with the star stitch. Her daughter made me a mug for Christmas! It was a mug that one draws on with special markers. It has a heart on it and says 'i love you'. Too cute.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hoping to do some homemade bath salts or self care items for Christmas gifts
Lana, I am looking at shower melts for gifts. Pinterest has as lot of them. You make up the mix into ice cube trays, lavender, eucalyptus etc. You put one in the bottom of the shower, the water melts it and releases the scent. I thought that they might be nice for DD.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, I have a page on pinterest that I have been adding to for probably a couple years maybe. I think the vicks melts for shower/bath would be nice when feeling bad with a could or whatever. Gotta LOVE pinterest!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm thinking today might be the day to do some crafts to go kits.. pick things in my to-do list, get the supplies out with the pattern and put it all in ziploc bags ready to make when I feel so inclined.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good morning fellow crafters!!!

Have completely finished 3 mini embroidery hoop ornaments now:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49378859098/in/dateposted-public/

Also finished 28 of these babies for class gift for Valentine's:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49378859238/in/dateposted-public/

And wanted to share the pic of these little pouches I added vinyl to - will be filling with gift cards and printed out inspirational quotes for the twins birthday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49379511757/in/dateposted-public/

I also am 99% done with Valentine's cards for 2 teachers and 2 aides - need to have DS sign the inside! I'll post pics, they turned out super cute!

Spent some time in CriCut software prepping the Valentine's card design I'll be send out to girlfriends this year - decided to make it easier on myself and make one design for all this time!!! Then I have to pick a design for card for DH.

I'm working on embroidery on a larger emb hoop ornament project - it's a little tree lot - hoping it turns out half as cute as the original idea! And I have another hoop prepped - ironed fabric and traced a circle to get me started - will be a wreath of flowers and then the words Merry Christmas in the middle...

Finished cutting and hole punching tags for birthday goody bags - the ones for chocolate frogs, cookies and caramel corn...have them in baggies waiting to be attached once I make the food items.

Will keep working my way thru list of ornaments...I have a few Harry Potter ones picked out for DS - will do those next!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ What size are the hoop ornaments. Very cute! You're having fun with your Cricut!

Mary ~ Enjoy your time writing.

Some very nice crafting going on and ideas being shared!

I haven't gotten my mo-jo back yet. I'm anxious for my injured arm to feel better working in the studio. It aches when I have to reach for something. Using the iron is difficult with that arm, too.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was thinking of making slippers for family. Anyone ever make them? Any hints or ideas?

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I need to follow Lucie's example and kit my 2020 projects. Get everything out of shopping bags, organized, and ready to be made without looking for et ceteras like crochet hooks or needles or ... et cetera.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I was thinking of making slippers for family. Anyone ever make them? Any hints or ideas?
The felted ones are great. When you are felting them you can just mold them to the person's feet.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I went shopping for yarn today!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ great work, love the holly leaves.