Crafters Challenge February 9th--February 15th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!!!!

Feb. will be half over!!!

A co-workers daughter is going to have a baby end of June beginning of July so she should find out in next couple of weeks what she is having so will do some sewing for it. Wash cloths, burp rags and will see.

Still working on cleaning. I know I take the longest to get anything done! Working FT and then with meetings, stuff for Aunt Im and few other things I always do my last---don't get done. Oh well, I like helping others.

I have my ornament picked out for the Christmas In July swap. If anyone is interested go to the swap page on the forums. Would love to have you join in!!!!

What are your plans for the week?????

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ You are juggling a lot of activities. I didn't have much time for crafting while working but did do some knitting on my bus commute.

Today I will make a Valentine card for a friend using the CCS chart I just finished so I can get it in the mail tomorrow.

My most pressing priority though is to make something for Julia for her birthday. I thought I would make her a dress, but it's not really coming together in my mind. Whatever it is needs to get into the mail early next week.

I need to get the socks cast on again but wanted to get some information on a different heel technique I thought I'd try. I don't really have to wait for that information to cast on and start knitting though. What I need to do is take some measurements and calculations. I had started them once, but they were too small, so I need to start over with a different stitch count.

I started a couple projects at Open Sew on Tuesday that could be worked on … tissue box covers for DD#2 and a spring table runner for me … and then there's the growth chart ...

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Really need to focus on getting my dress sewn up this week. Saw a couple of ideas for Christmas in a book I borrowed from the library so I should get the fabrics washed up for them so I can get at them as soon as the dress is finished and before I need to return the book.
Didn’t make it to the knit and chat last week at the yarn store but hope to this week.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished crocheting the pillowcase lace. Finally. I still have to sew in some joining thread ends. Then I need to embroider the pillowcases and attach the lace. However, I'm going to set aside the pillowcases until I finish more pressing projects...my sister's birthday card and a baby blanket for ds & wife.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to knitting lady today, had some trouble with my heels but pretty confident next time I,ll be able to do it myself. So I'm working on my 2 pairs of knitted socks.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Hope your mood changes!

Lucie ~ What heel are you doing? Wrap and turn and then pick up stitches after knitting the heel flap? I need a "knitting lady" to help with my sock heels. I want to try something different than the wrap and turn but also incorporate the Eye of Partridge stitch, and would like a bit of guidance. I might venture into the local yarn shop. I don't go there very often, but probably should.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I have a good start on a ccs pic for a birthday card - had to buy a couple colors of floss I didn't have. I'm using hardanger ccs fabric, so I have to use my magnifier lamp to see the tiny squares. And I've started crocheting a baby blanket - I can work on it away from home.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I made a quilt top this week. I have had the fabric pulled for this snowman quilt for over a year, another thing I was tired of chasing around in my sewing room. I already have the backing and I’m just about finished making the binding. Probably will get it sandwiched Sunday and start quilting Monday or Tuesday.
I have a few other unfinished things yet to do but never got my thread or zipper to finish them. Need to make a trip to the big Joanne’s in Hudson soon to shop so I can finish them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am already feeling behind.
Rose, feeling much the same. I have been so busy of late that I find it hard to do my crafts. Hope this ends soon as I have quite the list to get through this year.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Haven't been around again but have been having a bad year so far. December 28th lost one of my oldest dearest friends. January lost another very old close friend days after her birthday. Just a couple of weeks ago lost an uncle. Needless to say I have not wanted to do anything. My niece came over last weekend we planned on making her a new valentines day shirt yeah that never happened. I really need to start getting something done. My oldest daughters birthday is in 9 days and I haven't made her anything yet. My moms birthday was last week yeah she hasn't gotten her stuff yet because I haven't even began them. My Valentines day wreath is sitting on a couch in my living room 1/4th of the way done. I have birthday's, a graduation to prepare for and babygirls 21st birthday is in June. My niece is throwing her a surprise party and has a growing list of things that I need to make for it. Christmas this next year yeah have no clue what I am making yet and normally I have a complete list by now. I really need to get moving today I need to get this wreath done so I can put it away and figure out a new Easter wreath

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Sorry for your losses. Prayers for comfort.
Kim don’t be so hard on yourself you have suffered many losses and are grieving. Take the time you need and simplify your gifts this year. You do so much. Not every year will be like the years before. Give yourself permission to do it different. ((Hugs)).

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Kim, So much for you to handle at one time. Give yourself permission to buy small gifts and not make things for the party. You need some time to just breathe and cry.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I am beyond throw-a-tantrum frustrated. I finished both pieces of pillowcase lace. It took months to make each piece. I put them together in a baggie until I can get the pillowcases embroidered. The lace colors do not match. One is white-white. The other is a little off-white. There is no way I can make it work. I have to make another. Not...Today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
GrammaDeb. Can you dye the lace in a solution of black tea or coffee? It will make it a lovely beige/coffee colour. Google it and see if it may work.
Kim, so sorry for all that you have been going through, a sad time for you indeed.

Got 2 more repeats on my knitting and the 2nd coat hanger cover is done. Will try and get to that today.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
GrammaDeb. Can you dye the lace in a solution of black tea or coffee? It will make it a lovely beige/coffee colour. Google it and see if it may work.
Kim, so sorry for all that you have been going through, a sad time for you indeed.

Got 2 more repeats on my knitting and the 2nd coat hanger cover is done. Will try and get to that today.

Thank you for the recommendation. I love the thought of a vintage color since the pattern is vintage. I wonder how it would look on embroidered white pillowcases?

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Forced myself to sit down today and work on the dress. Just have the bottom hem to do now. Think part of the problem with wanting to more on dress is that this pattern company sizes are different from most and so I have to do more altering to their patterns that I do with others for proper fit.

DH sister found out that her first grandchild is going to be a girl. So now that she knows I can get going on a sweater for the baby once I get her baby blanket finished. When with a neutral colour for the blanket which I hope to get back to next week.