Crafters Challenge March 15th-March 21st, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
March is half gone!!!!

Progress made last week with several of you ladies.

People staying home alittle more---more might get done.

Bank won't close. Have to get BAD for that to even be possible.

What are your plans for this week?

I will try to work on my CIJ some, but only 20 minute lunches so....

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'll be going to Open Sew on Tuesday where Kathy wants to use their large tables to sandwich a quilt. I'll just tag along to lend a hand … and I only have one to lend. LOL

I need to get back to the studio for more craftermath control. Made a bit of progress in that direction last week. Also want to get the last two Valentine ornaments stitched out and maybe start on the Shamrock ornaments. Both projects definitely for next year's décor.

I bought a new rounded corner punch to try on my greeting cards, so would like to play with that a little.

The library is holding a continuous line quilting book for me, but they are closed, so I'll have to watch for when they plan to be open and pop in to pick it up.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Well it's kinda done. Tonight I'll take the binding off and put it back on tomorrow - it looks like a drunk put it on . Apparently not my day for putting on binding. Not sure what my issue is today but binding shouldn’t be that hard. I’ve restitched it twice this morning. I wanted to snuggle under my new quilt tonight but I guess I can do that while I’m taking the binding off.
I need to get my workout done then I’ll clean up my sewing room and get rid of the fuzzy bunnies living in my bobbin casing. Will start fresh tomorrow sewing.

Attachments

• EF5A21B6-A52B-41D1-8325-4D9485C0925F.jpeg
    EF5A21B6-A52B-41D1-8325-4D9485C0925F.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 10

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron's mom--nice quilt

This week:
Sewing:
()my top
()cut out a quilt top
()cut out a dress
()baby bandannas

Knitting
()sleeves for baby sweater
()hood of baby sweater
()button/buttonhole bands
()sew sweater together
() work on some knitting for me

Easter:
()cards
()bag toppers
()some bunny containers

Yes long list and is more like two weeks but these are the things I need to get done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ That's a beauty! Quilted with your embroidery machine? I sure want to try that with mine, but my machine is so small, it would have to be a small project or else quilted in strips or small blocks that are then assembled with a quilt-as-you-go technique.

Not much crafting done yesterday, and today will probably be mostly cooking and food prep for company coming for dinner tomorrow.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Scary when the 3rd month of the year is almost gone. Need to get my little butt into gear if I am going to complete all crafts. Working on a knitted cushion cover for Mum now.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, Lana

as always for keeping these threads going every week! I think we are all going to perhaps rely a bit more on our online communities as we hunker down in the weeks ahead. And it's nice to just unplug - so to speak - and focus on something pleasant!!!

Tonight I'll take the binding off and put it back on tomorrow - it looks like a drunk put it on .

Oh my, that gave me a laugh! Been there before on projects!!! :D But truly it turned out beautiful!!!!

I need to get back to the studio for more craftermath control.

Craftermath is never ending!!!! I think I'm under control- I turn around and blink and BAM - it's back. Just like magic!

Rose94 - I tend to make long lists too - I'd rather see all I have to tackle!!!

MissJoDee - Would love to see the Raggedy Ann when you're done! I bet that will be darling!

GrammaDeb - I've been getting a hankering to start working with yarn again! The projects tend to take longer but they are so nice when they are done!

Katrina - It is a little nuts that we are so far into the year already! I'm telling myself I am nuts to feel behind already! LOL

I've been escaping from the craziness by going up to my craft room - been making good progress on my recipe binder project. Will post more pics soon!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thank you all for your comments!
I managed to finally get the binding back on. My husband thought it looked nice yesterday until he saw it fixed today. He decided it looked nasty yesterday too.
I cleaned my room up yesterday and took care of the fuzzies in my machine. I’m surprised it was even working, what a mess.
My unfinished projects is down to 3 items. One is a dress that I want to do on my serger. I was waiting for my 3 day class this week but I’m sure they will cancel now. The other 2, a sweatshirt to embroider and the hop along Cassidy quilt are for Christmas for my husband. Im sure I’ll have time to finish since we are staying home.
Dahlia, yes on my Destiny. my large hoop is 9x14. I would love a long arm. I don’t have the room for one and the one I want is crazy expensive. The edge to edge quilting program is just as nice ( not as fast though) and way cheaper.
Hope everyone has a productive week. How did we ever get to mid March already!!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I just realized with our mall packed and at reduced hours and having to go to a pickup for any packages (which is also at reduced hours and in the middle of a packed store)...I've got to find a way to take care of DD6's birthday presents. I have a good supply of yarn, and I have some fabric, but no sewing skills whatsoever.......this could be a challenge.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Doing the happy dance here! Finally the last of my background fabric for my winterville quilts is on its way!! I went through 7 vendors- 4 of then had never updated their websites:mad:. A multitude of emails asking if they carried the fabric ( only one responded). But the last of it has shipped. I’m so happy.
The sewing center finally called. The 3 day serger class is cancelled. I figured it was. They are going to reschedule for later this year so I still have my spot. My dress that was in my unfinshed pile has been put away until after my class.
Frosty I’m sure what ever you create will be perfect. You may even start some new birthday traditions. Sometimes the most simple things become the most precious.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Home for some time now... will be working from home... so I could and will work on crafts during my breaks :) some good is coming out of all this crazyness

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ So glad you were finally able to round up the fabric you need.

I'm rounding up fabric, too. I decided I would like to have some Valentine and St. Patrick's Day placemats. I want to to make one set that is reversible for the two celebrations. I love the fabrics that I used for the February and March pillowcases, so I'm trying to get those from Joanns. I've ordered the March fabric, but will have to call around to find the February fabric.

I actually feel like I could do more crafting with my bum arm if it weren't in a sling. I'm trying to be diligent about keeping it in the sling, though, because I know it would be so much easier to re-injure it if I didn't. Tempting though! I'm into my third of six weeks. UGH!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
So, first present for DD6 I thought of is that she really wants a holder for her headbands. I found a hot chocolate container that is just the right size. Anyone know what to cover it wiht?

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
So, first present for DD6 I thought of is that she really wants a holder for her headbands. I found a hot chocolate container that is just the right size. Anyone know what to cover it wiht?
You could cover it with almost anything—fabric, paper, twine, picture collage of friends, family pets etc.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Photos of her wearing the headbands would be nice or just pictures off the internet of headbands.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I was going to suggest some of the same things. Fabric wise, you could use a article of clothing she is fond of that no longer fits or not fit to wear. If you have some of her art work. Or could you create a drawing?

The last of my background fabric came today! I’m going to start washing all my fabrics now so they are ready when the tree skirt is done.

Dahlia, Reversible holiday place mats are a great idea! Take care of that arm!!

I saw Joanne’s has reduced hours and curb side pick up now. I wondered if / or when they would do that. I haven’t seen any things from michaels yet.

enjoy the rest of the week everyone!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks for the ideas. I had a really nice piece of scrapbooking paper I'd thought would work, but it was about 4 inches too short.
Do you think you'd need a varnish or something over the paper so the colour wouldn't transfer to the headbands?

I'm also thinking of some doll clothes or a knit toy of some sort. DD9 is going to try to knit her something since she normally buys her a gift.