What Are You Reading Right Now? 2020.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Captive Soul by Wendy Wang

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin
So frustrated - my library loan of this Ebook ran out when I was about 80% through it. Now I have to go down to the bottom of the request list and wait. Ugh, that will teach me to read faster!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Bad Omens by Wendy Wang

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
So frustrated - my library loan of this Ebook ran out when I was about 80% through it. Now I have to go down to the bottom of the request list and wait. Ugh, that will teach me to read faster!
I put my Kindle in airplane mode and books stay there until I take it off airplane mode. I could do the same thing with my Nook. I don't know what device you're using, though, so not sure it would work for you.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The Woman in Blue by Elly Griffiths
The Chalk Pit by Elly Griffiths
The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen
The American Spirit by David McCullough
The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008

I hate when that happens...sometimes I'll have to start over or go back a bit because I'll forget what it was about depending on how long it takes to check out again.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Still reading 25 Days 'Til Christmas by Poppy Alexander. Reading is unfortunately slow going these days with all that I have going on. I find the most time I have to read is in class during their D.E.A.R. (drop everything and read) time. I want to model for the students so I try to read too during that time. I need to implement that in my own house on the weekends for all of us and in the evenings for myself!

That title has me intrigued. I'm going to see if the library has it.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I hate when that happens...sometimes I'll have to start over or go back a bit because I'll forget what it was about depending on how long it takes to check out again.
I was lucky that it was back in my Available List within a couple of days. Finished it up quickly last night as there is another one to check out now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Miracle Creek by Angie Kim

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so desperate for the library to reopen. I so need something new to read.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Perhaps you could get a Kindle. I'll bet there are some inexpensive used ones available. People are always upgrading. I love mine. However, I'm sure libraries will be opening again soon, at least for holds and quick pick-up and drop-off. Have you tried downloading e-books to your computer or cellphone for reading? Probably not ideal, but doable for the short term.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ghengis Khan and the Invention of the Modern World

I was just thinking how much I want to go to the library.

Yes, Katrina, get a Kindle ASAP - and the airplane mode always works and you can keep the books forever.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Never even thought of a kindle, I could have asked for one for Mother's Day, I am a ninnymuggins. Will see what I can find locally

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Never even thought of a kindle, I could have asked for one for Mother's Day, I am a ninnymuggins. Will see what I can find locally

Katrina, you can download the Kindle app to your phone or pc and read their free books from there.

Does your library offer e-books? Our library has an app for the phones and for the computer called Overdrive. I've downloaded the app to my computer and phone. Since we've been closed for 2 months now, the county librarians have been buying a bunch of e-books for everyone to read. They also have been buying audiobooks which is nice when working around the house by yourself.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
YAY, our library has re-opened. I have ordered a lot of books and I need to go in an tidy up my membership, apparently I have 2 profiles that they want to merge.
Will look into e books as I do notice there are more and more in the library catalogue.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Just finished a series and am now on to another series Just starting Caroline's Secret. I have the June Christmas book on hold and need to go pick that up.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
YAY, our library has re-opened. I have ordered a lot of books and I need to go in an tidy up my membership, apparently I have 2 profiles that they want to merge.
Will look into e books as I do notice there are more and more in the library catalogue.
I can't wait for libraries here to open - I think it's going to be July 4. It's the thing I've missed most during lockdown!

(Yay book thread!)

I'm re-reading The White Book by Han Kang